Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry question

Hi,
    For some time i have been contacting people via ancestry and getting no response.
    They can't all be rude!!
    I also tick the send me a copy of my email and thats not working. Have contacted ancestry and they admit that the copy thing is having probs.
    Could someone kindly let me have a name, preferably slightly unusual so that I can find it, and the name of their tree on ancestry.
    I will then test the system by sending a message and if you reply via ancestry that too will test it.
    Many thanks in advance
    Jeanie
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

You can do my Alonzo Crawshaw Siddle if you like. I'm down as StarryEyed500 I think. I'm not sure if he comes up as Crawshaw or Siddle though lol
    Tracy

Comment

Many thanks Tracy,
      Off to give it a try.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Is he on the private or public tree?
        Can't find him on either, i'm afraid.
        Searching for:

Comment

Sorry, hold on I'll check.

Yes, he's private.
          Here's the link; http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/pt/perso...=7573361&ssrc=
          Tracy

Comment

Hi Tracy,
            I must go and start tea.
            Will look in later.
            Thanks for your help. I have had probs searching for people on ancestry trees before.
            Searching for:

Comment

When searching for a name, does it always put their surname in the Father's name too? mine does. I have to delete it to find the ones I want. Alonzo doesn't have a Siddle father lol
              Tracy

Comment

Have just sent you message via ancestry. Sorry, hadn't noticed the link.
                However, he wasn't coming up on the search!!
                Searching for:

Comment

I got it
                  Tracy

Comment

Many thanks, could you reply via ancestry to see if that bit works?
                    Many thanks
                    Searching for:

Comment

I did
                      Tracy

Comment

Haven't received it. That must be where the problem is.
                        Will contact ancestry after tea.
                        Many thanks again
                        jeanie
                        Searching for:

Comment

Working...
                        X