william butler/maria butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• william butler/maria butler

still on the trail of my Maria Butler. When she married she put her father as William Butler. Just been browsing another site where somebody was asking for details of a William Butler b 1821 GRavesend fahter George Butler (Shipwright). Bearing in mind my Maria married just up the road from GRavesend I am wondering if this William Butler is my missing link (clutching at straws here)
    CAn anybody find this William Butler b 1821 GRavesend please on the census. In particular 1871 as Maria was said to be born 1870.

Hi Gloryer, I can't see a William born around that date with daughter named Maria and I can't see a Maria or Mary registered in 1870 on free bmd. Is Maria's age from the marriage cert and have you found her on any census?
    Heather

Comment

Gloryer, remembering these Butlers from before, I would say your best bet might be to contact the person who was asking about William Butler and see if it sounds like the same one.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

*innocently opens thread*

*shrieks loudly*

*reaches for emergency smelling salts*

Comment

I found it on curiousfox actually and neither they nor I are paying memebers. Just wondered if there may be a connection.

Comment

Working...
          X