Ancestry worldwide look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry worldwide look up please

I was looking for the death of my ggg aunt Mary Ann Wholey nee Clarke and found a possible entry on the Canadian passenger lists, I also found one for husband Robert Wholey & her son by her first marriage Ernest J Rennie. Could anyone possibly look them up & tell me what it says please?
    Mary was born 1849, Robert in 1870 & Ernest in 1876 ( yes I know her husband was a toy boy ;) )

Many thanks

I have also just found Ernest john Rennie in the New York passenger lists
    Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 01-10-08, 21:32.
    Lynn

Do you have enough info to use this resource?

Introduction - Passenger Lists, 1865-1922 - Library and Archives Canada

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sadly not Christine, it only gives the name & destination port, not even the year :(
      Lynn

Comment

Have you looked on FMP? They do, at least, give you some info without paying for the lot.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Following on from your reply above, which you were posting as I posted the above info...

There's a Robert (1867, wheelwright) with a Mary (1869) travelling from Bristol to Montreal, Quebec in 1912 on the Royal George.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 01-10-08, 21:44.

Comment

The ages look a bit out though, so perhaps it is not them. I haven't used FMP much, but will have a look, thanks
            Lynn

Comment

Ernest RENNIEs travelling to NY... three of them:
              b 1888 travelled 1913 (ex Glasgow) and 1921 (ex Liverpool)
              b 1900 travelled 1925 (ex Soton)
              b 1907 travelled 1951 (ex Soton)

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn The Forest Fan View Post
                The ages look a bit out though, so perhaps it is not them. I haven't used FMP much, but will have a look, thanks
                Perhaps they were just trying to be a bit more conventional? ;)

Christine

Comment

Possibly. It is interesting that on Ancestry, it specifies Ernest John Rennie, whilst it doesn't on FMP
                  Lynn

Comment

Ancestry has the list of arrivals, while FMP has the list of departures. Is there anything on Ellis Island - or are the dates wrong?

With that info from the Canada names, you have enough info to start a realistic trawl of their images of inbound lists - if you can face the prospect!

Christine

Comment

Oh, I have just noticed your amendment, Robert Wholey WAS a wheelwright, perhaps this is the right one after all.
                      Lynn

Comment

Well it's not a common name, is it!

Christine

Comment

Having a look through the images but they are too small to read :(

Not really
                          Lynn

Comment

HI

Found that in 1925 there was a Mary Ann Wholey states she was born in Elingham travelled in 1925. Address whe was going to was noted being De La Rouche Street Montreal she was travelling to the port of Quebec, Canada having lived there sometime between 1912 and 1924 she was noted as being a Housewife. Person whom she had left behind in England was noted as being a Mr Rennie of 229 Markhouse Road, Walthamstowe.
                            Last edited by WendyP; 02-10-08, 08:43.
                            WendyP

Comment

HI

Also got her going back to Canada in 1930 same details as before except she mentions Hubby Robert.
                              WendyP

Comment

That is fantastic Wendy, that is definitely her as she was born in Great Ellingham in Norfolk. Was that information from Ancestry?
                                Lynn

Comment

HI

Yes it was from that site.
                                  WendyP

Comment

Thanks Wendy, that is brilliant. it is the first time I have found a close relative moving overseas, so it is quite exciting. I can't wait to tell my Mum
                                    Lynn

Comment

If you need more info from Montreal, they do operate an Ask a Librarian service there.

Christine

Comment

Thanks Christine. I spoke to my Mum this evening & she recalls her Mum having a cousin/aunt Polly in Canada. I now just have to find out who she was.
                                        Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                        X