Edna Ada Alderman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edna Ada Alderman

Could anyone please check Lincolnshire Monumental Inscriptions for Edna Ada Alderman who died in 1982.
    many thanks

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Alan, to be honest I would be surprised if there are many monumental inscriptions from as recently as the 1980's which have been transcribed. But you never know!

Still, you might have to find out where she was buried and then see if somebody can visit that graveyard to take a picture of the gravestone.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I have just found it on Family history on line. you have to pay 8p for it but minimum is £5. i was hoping someone might have cd.

ALAN

Comment

Hi Alan -

Here's the reference from FHOL:

1. Reference Number 148B117 Name Edna Ada ALDERMAN Date of Death 25 Jul 1982 Age 90 Comments – Location Nettleham - Cemetery County LIN Checked Y
        Amount paid £0.08 Sole person in Reference Number

Hope this helps -

Tim
        "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

. Reference Number 148B117 Name Edna Ada ALDERMAN Date of Death 25 Jul 1982 Age 90 Comments – Location Nettleham - Cemetery County LIN Checked Y
          Amount paid £0.08 Sole person in Reference Number
          Moggie

Comment

Thanks for information. i am still not sure i have right person.see below

A Harry Alderman born 1875 married Annie Lambert in Lincoln 1898.
            Annie died in 1915.
            a name removed Alderman was born 1921 and aname removed Alderman born 1922 Lincoln father Harry Alderman. mother formally Edna Ada Lambert .( could this be a relation to Annie)
            I have not been able to find marriage for Harry Alderman and Edna Ada
            Lambert. to see if its my Harry Alderman all i have to go on is Harry Alderman Death in 1952 age 77 is person who reported death Edna Ada Alderman widow of deceased.
            I have not found a birth for Edna Ada Lambert perhaps Lambert was her married name and she was a widow and then married Harry Alderman.
            Last edited by KiteRunner; 01-10-08, 23:05.

ALAN

Comment

If Lambert was her previous married name, then the sons' birth certificates should also give her original surname. Are you certain that Annie died in 1915? The mother couldn't have been Annie, with her name changed to Edna Ada, I suppose? If Annie definitely died in 1915 then my best guess would be that Edna was her sister and never legally married Harry, but that's just a guess based on what has happened in quite a few cases!

Do the occupations for Harry on the various certificates match up with each other?
              Last edited by KiteRunner; 01-10-08, 23:05.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Oh, and what are the name and occupation of Annie Lambert's father from her marriage certificate, and the names of the witnesses, please?
                KiteRunner

Comment

Hi
                  This is a link to Nettleham Parish Council.
                  Might be worth a phone call to see if they will let you know the details of Edna Ada's burial. You might then be able to eliminate her as being Harry's wife.
                  Moggie

Nettleham Parish Council

Comment

Looking at the 1901 census, Annie is age 31 (born Leics Aubourn?) so her age matches the 1915 death (age 45) and she would have most likely been too old to have children in 1921 and 1922, so it looks as if you are right about her death. Have you tried tracing her family?
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Where have you looked for the second marriage? Freebmd has little coverage for 1920: you would be advised to check the actual images for Harry, to see if there are any marriages in that year.

In theory, Lambert should be the maiden name, but I have seen instances of prior name being used.

Bear in mind with the burial, that an age of 90 suggests that nobody knew her real age. Possibly, nobody could find the documents! Ususally, ages seem to be rounded up, rather than down. There is an Edna Ada Gant b 1895 in Lincoln that might be worth investigating.
                      Phoenix - with charred feathers
                      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Oh, I just had another thought - was it Edna herself who registered the boys' births, or did Harry register them?
                        KiteRunner

Comment

Hi
                          Death entry for Edna
                          Edna Ada Alderman born 20th Jan 1892
                          Details to obtain cert district Lincoln volume 7 page 1445.

Being as you have the date of her death as posted on page 1 it is certainly worth a phone call to the cemetery office.
                          Moggie

Comment

Did you find the family of Fred and Ann (Annie's parents) in 1901? It is possible that Edna was Annie's daughter or neice.
                            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

I have just checked 1918/1919/1920 marriages on ancestry. Only one Harry Alderman marriage and it wasn't to Edna. Whoever Edna was she must have been quite a bit younger than Harry.
                              Moggie

Comment

i am looking for my wife Harry is her great uncle

They had a daughter born in 1901 Florence May Alderman. Harry registered birth mother (formally)Annie Lambert

Harry his occupation Engineer Moulder / iron Foundry worker on birth certs of all children .
                                1891/1901 census also give him as working in iron foundry born Melton Mowbry which is correct
                                on his death cert age 77 eng moulder retired. E.A. Alderman widower of deceased present at death
                                When Annie died her sister Florence Lambert was present at death. Harry was away in the war.I have Hary living at 52 Gaunt st Lincoln 1913 and annie died at same address 1915
                                The birth certs for names removed it was Harry who registered births. his wife is down as (formally)Ada Lambert she must have been called by her middle name.Harry the father would be 45 years old whenname removed was born
                                I am also begining to think they did not marry

I have looked all through fiche at library from 1915 to 1930 for marriage of Harry to Edna Ada with no luck.
                                i am waiting for marriage cert for Harry and Annie

I have not been able to find the parents of Annie in 1901 census
                                Last edited by KiteRunner; 01-10-08, 23:07.

ALAN

Comment

Originally posted by alan 128 View Post

I have not been able to find the parents of Annie in 1901 census
                                  Are these her parents - transcribed as Lumbert
                                  RG13; Piece: 3058; Folio: 7; Page: 6
                                  Elaine

Comment

Elaine that looks like right family the daughter mary J fits in

1867 Child born (#4): Mary Jane Lambert (1867- ). Born in Aubourn Lincolnshire.
                                    1870 Child born (#5): Annie Lambert (1870-1915). Born in Aubourn Lincolnshire. Died on 1 Sep 1915 in 52 Gaunt St. St Peters At Gout Lincoln.
                                    1881 Child born (#9): Florence Lambert (1881-

pity no Enda Ada Lambert

ALAN

Comment

There is an Edna Ada Cant (in freebmd as Gant) b 1893.

An Edna A Cant marries a John R Birk Sept 1918

A name removed Alderman, mmn Birk is born in Lincoln in 1929.
                                      Last edited by KiteRunner; 01-10-08, 23:01. Reason: name of person who may still be living deleted

Comment

Phoenix.
                                        I have sent for information on Burial of Edna Ada Alderman going on what you have found. the death i have found in 1982 might not be the right one.
                                        Looks like i will have to go back to the BMD fiche at the library to look for Alderman/Birk

ALAN

Comment

Working...
                                        X