Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry renewal - are people still getting discounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry renewal - are people still getting discounts?

My Ancestry subscription comes up for renewal on 21st October.

They have sent me an e-mail and giving information about the two packages now on offer -

Essentials £83.40
    The perfect way to start exploring your family history. Search key historical records from Birth, Marriage and Death Indexes to Census records. View original historical documents online and use powerful tools to build and grow your family tree. In a word - essential

Premium £107.30
    Ideal for the family historian who wants to travel even further back into their family history. Get all the benefits of Essentials - plus access to pre-1837 Parish & Probate records, all our Irish record collections as well as new historical record releases.

Has anyone negociated a discount recently?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

hi
    I tried on the phone but the man was not having any of it so have just done it through Quidco this morning

Laura

Comment

Ive never been able to get a discount

]

Comment

Similiar thread on roots seems to suggest they are getting tough on discounts.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I asked for a discount when I renewed in August & they said no way

However I got mine for £83 but it is the premium one, not the basic, so they said I can have that instead of a discount :(

Joanie

Comment

Joan, thanks for that information - it could well be worth asking!

How did you go about negociating the discount?
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Laura the Explorer View Post
              hi
              I tried on the phone but the man was not having any of it so have just done it through Quidco this morning

Laura
              Mine lapsed a few months ago. just had a lok at the Quidco site and the offer is 25% off subscriptions if you go thru Quidco.
              That's a huge saving.
              May do mine this w/end

They are also doing the 14 day trial again if this is any help to anyone but you have to remember to cancell by phone if you don't want to continue,
              Edi

Comment

mine lapsed in Sept & I haven't renewed. I had the basic UK package (now £83)

the lady asked why I was cancelling & I said it was too expensive for what I was getting out of it. She didn't even offer a discount or upgrade so that was that.

I do have a voucher for a free month though, so I'll use that when I have several things I need to look up. I will also go via Quidco when I'm ready for another full sub.

The only drawback to all this, it looks like you need a separate user account every time, so i will end up with half a dozen different usernames on there.
                Vicky

Comment

When mine came up for renewal in June I couldn't get a discount, but he did the sub just before the increase came in, so I got it for £79.95.

When I got my new FTM (2009) I had problems with it, and told the lady on ancestry that I hadn't had my 'free month' with the 2006 I'd been promised when I registered it in Feb this year, and that the internet backup I'd paid for had never worked, and told her how brassed of I was with it all.

She said she'd repay £73.29 to my credit card, give me a free month to Oct 23rd, (so, free ancestry from June) and set up for a year's Essential sub from then for £66.72!

So I was chuffed! (Not sure if that's the same as 25% off, though.)

Bee.
                  Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
                  COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Computer says it would be £ 62.55 with the Quidco discount

Looks as if the discount is only on the UK one

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 03-10-08, 12:00.
                    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X