WW1 Pensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW1 Pensions

Having just read through another thread it mentioned army pensions.

I have my ggfather :

Name: ELLISON, ARTHUR
    Initials: A
    Nationality: United Kingdom
    Regiment/Service: Lancashire Fusiliers
    Unit Text: 10th Bn.
    Date of Death: 15/02/1916
    Service No: 5217

I just wondered if a pension would have been paid to his widow (Annie Ellison nee Keating) and family, if so were would I get the info from.

Background: Artrhur was b abt 1885 in Wigan Lanc's & married at St. Thomas & St. James, Poolstock Wigan and registered in Wigan in the 2nd quarter of 1908.

Thanks in advance

L

Ancestry has Pension records, but I just did a quick search and nothing came up for your Arthur.
    There was one born abt 1880, Yorkshire.
    Tracy

Comment

Thanks Orangeblossom, that's the same as I got, thats why I wondered if I was looking in the wrong place or wrong search criteria
      L

Comment

Not all of the records survived, but I am not sure whether the widow's would have received a pension anyway.
        Lynn

Comment

Hi Lynn,
          It's just I was reading the thread "looking for a marriage of harry holder born" by Brenmac and there was a reply giving details of the widow recieving a pension, that's what got me thinking
          L

Comment

Yes, sometimes you do find a pension record in there for a soldier who died in the war and the pension was paid to his family, but unfortunately not all the records have survived.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kiterunner
              L

Comment

Working...
              X