PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry look up please

Cherry Tradewell
30-09-08, 09:01
I'm trying to establish whether or not my cousin who sadly died this year was in fact born in England and not South Africa. Every obit on the net refers to her as having been born in South Africa of South African parents. I know for a fact that her Mother was English born and that her parents were married in England. I'm waiting for their marriage cert to find out whether her Father was in fact English born too!

Patricia Mills (professional name Maryon Lane)
Father's name Ernest A.K. Mills
Mother's maiden name: Maskell
D.O.B. 15 Feb 1931

Any help much appreciated, thank you.

yummy-mummy-amy
30-09-08, 09:08
there are 2 listed under j-m quarter but neither match the MMN, so just looking at next quarter.

there are 5 in the next quarter and none of those match the MMN either.

Orangeblossom
30-09-08, 09:08
There is no Patricia Mills in JFM 1930/1931/1932 with that maiden name.

Cherry Tradewell
30-09-08, 09:25
Thank you so much Amy and Tracy for looking for me, Pat obviously was born in SA. I'll now wait and see whether her Father was too:)

yummy-mummy-amy
30-09-08, 10:45
is there anywhere you can look for south african records?

Jogan
30-09-08, 19:53
Try this site for SA :: Ancestry24 - Home :: (http://www.ancestry24.co.za/eng/default.aspx) Also I got information from South Africa within a day of posting on Ancestry uk forum (dont think you have to be a paid up member to post)
good luck
Jo

Christine in Herts
30-09-08, 21:42
Any chance they might have put an announcement in a UK newspaper? - Thinking of Times Archive Online, for instance.

Christine

Cherry Tradewell
30-09-08, 22:32
Try this site for SA :: Ancestry24 - Home :: (http://www.ancestry24.co.za/eng/default.aspx) Also I got information from South Africa within a day of posting on Ancestry uk forum (dont think you have to be a paid up member to post)
good luck
Jo

Thank you Jogan, I'll have a try at that

Any chance they might have put an announcement in a UK newspaper? - Thinking of Times Archive Online, for instance.

Christine

Never thought of that Christine, it's quite a possibility, thank you

yummy-mummy-amy
02-10-08, 13:55
did you get anywhere on trying to find her?