Ancestry look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry look up please

I'm trying to establish whether or not my cousin who sadly died this year was in fact born in England and not South Africa. Every obit on the net refers to her as having been born in South Africa of South African parents. I know for a fact that her Mother was English born and that her parents were married in England. I'm waiting for their marriage cert to find out whether her Father was in fact English born too!

Patricia Mills (professional name Maryon Lane)
    Father's name Ernest A.K. Mills
    Mother's maiden name: Maskell
    D.O.B. 15 Feb 1931

Any help much appreciated, thank you.

La plus perdue de toutes les journees est celle ou l'on n'a pas ri
    Chamfort

The most completely wasted of all days are those on which we have not laughed

there are 2 listed under j-m quarter but neither match the MMN, so just looking at next quarter.

there are 5 in the next quarter and none of those match the MMN either.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

There is no Patricia Mills in JFM 1930/1931/1932 with that maiden name.
      Tracy

Comment

Thank you so much Amy and Tracy for looking for me, Pat obviously was born in SA. I'll now wait and see whether her Father was too

Chamfort

Comment

is there anywhere you can look for south african records?

Comment

Try this site for SA :: Ancestry24 - Home :: Also I got information from South Africa within a day of posting on Ancestry uk forum (dont think you have to be a paid up member to post)
            good luck
            Jo
            Last edited by Jogan; 30-09-08, 19:57.

Comment

Any chance they might have put an announcement in a UK newspaper? - Thinking of Times Archive Online, for instance.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Jogan View Post
                Try this site for SA :: Ancestry24 - Home :: Also I got information from South Africa within a day of posting on Ancestry uk forum (dont think you have to be a paid up member to post)
                good luck
                Jo
                Thank you Jogan, I'll have a try at that

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                Any chance they might have put an announcement in a UK newspaper? - Thinking of Times Archive Online, for instance.

Christine
                Never thought of that Christine, it's quite a possibility, thank you

Chamfort

Comment

did you get anywhere on trying to find her?

Comment

Working...
                  X