Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a baptism?

UPDATED

I am looking for the baptism of a Calladine, in the hopes she is the daughter of Philip and Sarah Calladine.

I think i have found the right 1841 census for my family, though for some reason i disregarded it 12 months ago and have baptisms for all the other children, but not Trucillia, whos name spelling keeps changing.

1841.. Trucillia Calladine ..b. 1818

1851.. Trucilla Marshall (married name).. b. 1818

1854.. marriage .. Drucilla

1861.. Drusild... b. 1814...image looks like Drusila

1871 .. Priscilla.. b.1814

died 1st q 1879 Drusilla aged 50

The census say she was born either Alfreton or Denby Derbyshire, all the other children were baptised in Alfreton.

Any help appreciated, please help me find her

Sylvia
    Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 23-10-08, 11:52.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

I know this isn't what you asked for, but there is a Philip Calladine / Sarah Hope marriage listed on the IGI, 26 May 1818 Saint Werburgh, Derby. Then the first baptism listed for those parents is Hannah Hope Calladine 1822 Alfreton, so it does look as though there should be a couple more children before that.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thank you Kite, i have both of those, Philip was a collier and seems to have died before the census started.

Sylvia
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

Nothing on FreeReg, but it looks as though they haven't done Alfreton yet.

FreeREG Search

Comment

There's a list of Derbyshire links here you could try - don't know if there'll be anything helpful:

Derbyshire Genealogy Links - over 250 links - geneology

Comment

Thank you Mary, i had looked at Freereg, i guess the only thing is to get the marriage cert, but i have a list of more important ones first and Hannah Hope Calladine, that Kite mentioned is my Oh`s decendant and i have her marriage cert.

Will look through the sites you mentioned

Sylvia
            Sylvia

Comment

Forget to mention the list of Derbyshire links on our Wiki:

Derbyshire - Family Tree Forum

The Wirksworth site is always worth exploring for Derbyshire, too:

WIRKSWORTH Parish Records 1600-1900, Portal

Comment

Drucilla is an unusual name for an eldest daughter. That suggests it is either a family name or that of a wealthy godparent. If search engines allow, it would be worth looking for anyone of that name in the area.

Also, if her dob is accurate, either her parents had to get married, or she was illegitimate.
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Thanks for those Mary, no luck with them

Have been googling Pheonix, but nothing comes up for Drucilla Calladine. Have not got further back on the female side of this family yet, which are Sarah Hope and MIL Patience Phillingham, so it might turn up

Sylvia
                  Sylvia

Comment

Sylvia
                    If you would like to send me an email with details of the baptism/marriage that you are looking for, I will have a look the next time I go into Matlock.

I am presuming it is the Alfreton or Denby area.
                    Trucillia variations - Drusilla - Priscilla born 1818
                    Kathleen

Comment

According to Hugh Wallis, the IGI has Alfreton baptisms from 1813 onwards, and Denby from 1814. Nothing comes up on a search, using the surname Calladine or Hope, so it was presumably either earlier or not in either of those parishes.

Comment

Or missing from the IGI! One or two of my ancestors have turned up in PR's that were supposed to be on the IGI for the date range that should have included them.
                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thank you Kathleen, have sent you a email, but was wondering if it would be easier for you to look at the marriage of Drucilla to Isaac Marshall and see if Philip is her father, have sent the details.

Mary and Kite i have even looked on FHO with no luck

Sylvia
                          Sylvia

Comment

Sylvia
                            I have printed out the email so I have all the details, I will look for the marriage too.
                            I am not sure when I will be going but I'm hoping it will be soon.
                            Kathleen

Comment

Thank you Kathleen, once again you have come to my rescue with the reords office.

Sylvia
                              Sylvia

Comment

UPDATE

I now have the marriage cert for Drucilla Calladine in 1854, her father was Philip Calladine, a coal miner, her age was 38 on the cert. Witnesses were of no use

I also have the marriage cert of another of Philip and Sarahs children, Hannah in 1850 who`s father was Philip Calladine, a collier

Could this be the same Philip on both certs

Sylvia
                                Sylvia

Comment

Yes, it's likely to be, because a collier is a coal miner.

Comment

Thank you Mary, i`m beginng to think i am getting closer to add Drucilla to my tree

Sylvia
                                    Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                                    X