should I always "update" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I always "update" ?

good morning...just a query that I`m a little ignorant on...I get so many "updates available" requests from different suppliers ..ie windows-adobe reader-microsoft-HP Hewlitt packard etc....should I always update??...sometimes they take so long and so much space on your computer ..and I don`t always use these people...I understand aboute "Windows"...would have thought thats a must...but the rest??....any members advise me please....thanks...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

If you don't use the program that's being updated, you shouldn't even be receiving the notification

Comment

If you are using those programs yes you should update.

Comment

In many cases there is no reason to upgrade, in fact upgrading may cause problems.
        Such problems may range from the computer refusing to boot-up to programs or peripherals not working or working erratically.

One of the worst offenders for creating problems is the Windows upgrade and it is often best to leave such upgrades for a month or so before downloading them (this allows time for the upgrade to be fixed if required).
        Unless the upgrade is a security fix or is required to allow you to do something you cannot at present do the safest solution is to ignore the upgrade.
        Cheers
        Guy
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

The problem is that Windows updates are always security fixes...

Comment

Working...
          X