Help finding Helena Terry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding Helena Terry

Can anyone help me find anything on Helena Agnes Terry?
    I have a copy of her marriage cert 10/02/1915 to John Rees Blinston showing that she was a spinster age 21, fathers name Patrick Terry. I believe that she was born in Ireland but can't find her or her family anywhere.
    Thanks in advance

Who were the witnesses at her wedding, and what was her father's occupation on the marriage certificate? Also, do you have the details of her death registration?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Witnesses John O'Grady, Mary Jane Greenwood, James Rowan.
      Father Patrick Terry - Farmer
      Residence - 20 Buckingham Street, Moss Side, Manchester

Still searching (without much success) for her death, but it would be registered in the district of Bucklow, Cheshire

Comment

Is that the only date you have for her?

When was the last child born?

Approximate year to start looking for a death?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I found this death on ukbmd.org.uk:
          BLINSTON John R 1943 73 Knutsford Cheshire Cheshire East KNU/4A/30

Bucklow seems to have had an odd history within the Cheshire BMD system. There are lots of subdistricts that have been part of it at one time or another (Knutsford, Sale, Wilmslow, Altrincham...), but it doesn't seem to figure in the Cheshire list of districts!

That record may go with this birth:
          BLINSTON John R 1871 Lymm Cheshire Warrington LYM/15/487

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 28-09-08, 22:40.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you can get to an LDS Family History Centre which holds the Irish BMD indexes then you would be able to search for her birth on there to get the references to order her birth certificate. I was just thinking that if you had her death registration then it would help to confirm when she was born, but don't worry about that.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X