McAfee firewall and FTM 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McAfee firewall and FTM 2006

We recently installed McAfee and now I can't use the WebSearch on FTM it keeps telling me that the system is behind a Firewall. We've adjusted the settings to allow full acces for FTM and still no joy. Has anyone got any bright ideas what to do next?

Thanks
    Sue

You might need to disable the firewall while searching, also some routers as well as IE have a firewall that might be affecting the searches.

For what use i get from the web searches i don't even bother, married names for females, mistranscriptions in the index etc, i find that it only gives me a 10% success rate so i search manually.

It's not as if it merges the info anyway, so i wonder what the point of it is most of the time.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I don't use it often Glen, but it does sometimes throw up something I've missed!

I think the problem is with McAfee as I've never had trouble before... If the only way round it is to disable the Firewall I probably won't bother as I'm positive that I'd forget to turn it back on which kind of defeats the object!!

Thanks any way Glen
      Sue

Comment

This has happened to me too in the last 24hrs with AVG, not that I use the search facility much.

Comment

I wonder if it's an issue with FTM rather than the firewall software? I'm getting the same message today, yet I've never had it before, and haven't changed anything in my firewall settings.

EDIT: I've closed and reopened FTM and suddenly it's working fine again.
          Last edited by Cloggie; 28-09-08, 18:24.
          Sarah

Comment

Well yesterday when I started this thread we had done all the changes and restarted the PC etc and it wasn't working. This morning it's fine and my son has looked at some other forum and it is apparently an intermittent problem with FTM - it would seem to be just a coincidence that I had just loaded McAfee!

Thanks for everyone's input. At least we know now that it's happening :D
            Sue

Comment

Working...
            X