any help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any help please

I have birth cert for Annie Dadley born 1868 in Colchester. Father John Dadley, mother Eliza Dadley (formerly Feehely).
    Can anyone help me locate John and Eliza marriage ?

Found them all on 1881 census in Birmingham with other children (Kate 1872, William 1874, Harriet 1878).
    Found John on 1871 census in Leeds.
    Can anyone help with finding Eliza and Annie on 1871 census ?

First posting as new to family tree searching so any advice well received.

1891 has Eliza born in Ireland as is Kate 1872, it might be that in 1871 Kate and Annie are in Ireland and also possibly that John and Eliza married there.

1891 RG12; Piece: 3307; Folio 59; Page 25
    Fiona. xx

Comment

Just found them in 1881 in Calvary Barracks, Aston, Warwickshire.

You could try the overseas section on findmypast as they might have had a millitary wedding.
      Fiona. xx

Comment

Hi,
        Familysearch.org shows a birth for John William Dadley, Louth Ireland, 25 Mar 1874 parents John Dadley and Eliza Feehaly.
        Margaret

Comment

There is also an extracted record for Catherine (Kate) Dadley birth 11th May 1872, Ireland on the igi Harriet is also there.
          Fiona. xx

Comment

Where did you find John in Leeds? I can't see him.
            Margaret

Comment

FionaC, how did you find the 2 girls on IGI, I tried familysearch.org but nothing comes up.
              Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch
                FionaC, how did you find the 2 girls on IGI, I tried familysearch.org but nothing comes up.
                Margaret

I entered John Dadley as father and just Eliza as mother then just did British Isles. Harriet, John and Catherine were the first ones on the page.

This is John in 1871, he's in the Barracks in Yorkshire.

RG10; Piece: 4558; Folio: 96; Page: 8
                Fiona. xx

Comment

FionaC,
                  Thanks for the tip re IGI searches, I will try that in future, as it seems more helpful.

I saw the John Dabley in the barrackes but discounted it because the place of birth is different to 1891 where he shows as born in Surrey whereas for the 1871 that one is born in Weedon, Northampton.
                  I see the one in 1881 was born Weedon Northants also.
                  Margaret

Comment

thanks for help everyone

does this mean I am at a dead end with John Dadley and Eliza if they married in Ireland?

would I be able to find their births with any certainty without being able to find fathers names off a marriage cert ?

as I say, new to all this, so any suggestions helpful

thanks

Comment

Hi,

You could try looking for the marriage in the over seas section at www.findmypast.com as they are in barrack it might be that they had a military wedding.
                      Fiona. xx

Comment

tried findmypast - military weddings section - nothing coming up.

any other suggestions from you experienced tracers out there ??

Eliza Feehely born in Ireland too (Longford I believe) - any way of tracing her birth cert ??

thanks for any help.

Comment

If you can find John's service records, which won't be online I think, but will be at Kew, then his marriage details may be listed there.

Irish civil registration started 1855 I think, but there's probably more info about it in The WIKI.
                          ~ with love from Little Nell~
                          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                          X