Passenger lists from Australia to UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger lists from Australia to UK

I have looked on the wiki-I think- but can't see a reference to people coming to UK from Australia.
    It would be between 1891 and 1901. Is it possible to do it this way round please?:
    Jennie
    Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Don't think there are any available online at the moment, Jennie. Ooh, I was getting all excited when I saw your thread title; I thought you'd just found some!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I was getting all excited as well as I have received the marriage cert for someone supposedly without a father- but the fathers name is on the cert.
      I can't find a likely candidate in UK and it was said she was born in Australia. So I toiught it may be an idea to see if there was any inward info.
      Jennie

Comment

I found one quite by chance on the National Archives the other day, and there seem to be quite a few inbound passenger lists.

You can either search from Moving Here:

Moving Here | Search

or from TNA (code BT 26):

Catalogue search

This Research Guide explains what's available:

RdLeaflet

Comment

Victoria has an index to passengers leaving that state, but it seems to be the only one. It might include people who got on the ship earlier (like Sydney or Brisbane) but I am not sure. Perhaps if you could locate her birth, you might be able to narrow down which state. Most states have some on-line indexes to births.

Diane
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Do you know roughly when she was born, and in which Australian State?

Comment

I can see this is not straightforward.

I will come back when I have a bit of time and post all the details-somewhat complicated. It was just that I got the cert and thought I might have some lead and was mulling over what to do next whilst gardening :D

When I get a few hours I will get all the details together and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the suggestions.
              Jennie

Comment

Ancestry are apparently going to be uploading the Inbound passenger lists from October onwards.

George
                Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Comment

That could be quite useful for my niece's tree.

Christine

~~~
                  In his context, researching: FRIEDMAN/FREEMAN (England, Oz, Pikallin in Lithuania), MARKS (England, Oz, NZ, Himbach in Germany), COHEN, JACOBS JONES, & GOLDBERG Lithuania)
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X