poser for the early birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poser for the early birds

good morning...I need a death look up please and a possible 1851 /1861census look up...both for kidderminster please
    I have in the 1871 census for argyle rd ,garston..Daniel Oakes and his 1st wife Ann,,.(.married in liverpool 1871 Ann Evason.)
    Daniel marries again in 1874 to Marianne Merrick(Mary Ann on marriage cert but babtised Marianne)...these 2 are my gg grandparents...
    on the 1871 census returns it states that Ann Oakes(Evason) was born in Kidderminster.1846...I have looked on GR and there isn`t one Evason from Kidderminster...
    I have looked on Lancs bmd for Anns death with no luck.both marriages on lancs bmd...so I`m guessing that Ann died back in Kidderminster...if she died at all...for Daniel to marry twice in 3 years am I right in presuming Ann died??...in those days you had to be married 3 years before you could apply for a divorce,so ,again I am presuming Ann passed away..
    could someone possibly as a big favour try to find the death of Ann Oakes abt 1871-73 and also see if Ann Evason is on the census in 1851 or 1861 in KIDDERMINSTER...according to the 1871 census Ann would have been born in 1846...thanks...I have to go to work soon 7.15 am but I will be back about 5-6 pm...cheers...allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Morning Allan, - it is afternoon where we live though - thanks for your quick reply to my thread.
    I have found the death of Ann Oakes Q1 1873 Kidderminster estimated birth year 1847
    Will go through the census now to see if I can find anything there
    Have a good day at work - cheers Val

Comment

Hi
      I have her in 1861..shown as a dressmaker living at Blackwell Road...will email you a copy if you want.

Trish

oops...as Val said...Nelson Road...not Blackwell
      Last edited by Tricia Green; 27-09-08, 09:03.

Comment

Hi Allan

This looks like her death registration, the age is right -

Deaths Mar 1873

Oakes Ann 26 Kidderminster 6c 155

Cant find a birth for Ann Eva*son in Freebmd in Kidderminster but in the past, I have not found the 1871 census to be the best guide to birthplaces - my gg grandfather was supposedly born in Lock Gheen Salop. Sometimes they just put the place they were living, or the nearest large town to the hamlet that was really home.

Diane
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I think I have found her on the 1861 census living at 1 Nelson Rd Kidderminster - North
          Ann Evason Head Unmarried aged 20 a dressmaker born Kidderminster with
          Sarah Dutton boarder aged 28 a dairymaid also born Kidderminster

I haven't had any luck with the 1851 census though except for a family living in Stoke on Trent - but Ann is 4 there which means the birth dates don't tie in. I can have a look later, but meanwhile would anyone else like to have a search, not too sure when I shall get back to the computer.
          By the way Allan the number for the death certificate is 6c 155 just in case you wanted to order it, I forgot in the last post. Cheers - Val

Comment

Hi
            In 1851 there was an Ann Evapon servant age 9 born Bewdley (less than 3 miles from Kidderminster) living in Ribbesford.
            The reference for this is HO107/2039/230/23
            You need to look at the image because some of the transcribed details are wrong. It makes very interesting reading as 2 babies in the household are refered to as B*****ds
            Moggie

Comment

thank you all very much...just got in from work...
              a little confused here because the Ann Evason in the 1861 census at 20 would have been born 1841...in the 1871 census in Garston,Liverpool she works out as being born in 1846...this coincides with the death of Ann Oakes in 1873 being estimated b 1847.....am I right or wrong to assume the 20 yr old in 1861 is not my ann evason??...or is it such a rare name that I assume it is my Ann Evason and she lied about her age as she would only be 15??...i`m a little confused...allan
              ADDED..grandkids want to play on puter..be back in abt an hour...allan
              Last edited by garstonite; 27-09-08, 19:15.
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

well I`ve spent a while tonight on 3 other sites and no luck...I can`t make the connection to Ann Evason 1 Nelson Yard,Kidderminster aged 20 in the 1861 census(so born 1841) and Ann Oakes(Evason) b 1846 Kidderminster in the 1871 census in Garston,Liverpool.(unless she lied about her age)..any experts out there with some advice for me??...cheers...allan

Comment

have u looked for the ann evason in latrer census? or a marriage?

Comment

good morning all.Justin,.I think that the death certificate that Val and Diane have found is a 99% probability that this is my Ann Oakes nee Evason....what we haven`t thought of is whether, because Liverpool was such a hive of industry in 1861, Ann Evason is with her parents IN LIVERPOOL for the 1861 census?? after all Daniel Oakes and Ann Evason married in LIVERPOOL in 1871,and according to the census later that year she was 25 when she married..so this would make Ann Evason 15 in the 1861 census...did she come to liverpool and maybe work as a servant at 15?...all possibilities...what do you think??...should we look for Ann Evason aged 15 in Liverpool in the 1861 census ??...thanks and regards...allan oakes,liverpool;)

Comment

Allan there doesn't seem to be an Ann Evason born 1846 anywhere.
                      I found a Sarah Ann Evison a visitor U born Horsington, living with the Pearson family in Frampton in Lincolnshire - but I am sure she wouldn't be the one you are looking for. I'll keep searching - Val

Comment

Have just had a look at the 1851 census - the Evason's seem to have all come from Shropshire. The only one that jumped out at me was in Edgmond Shropshire
                        James Evason H M 37 a gardener Elizabeth wife 41 also a gardener and children Mary 11 Sarah 9 Anne 6 Jane 4 and Richard 1
                        Sorry I can't be of more help. Val

Comment

Hiya Val...thanks...if we go by the death certificate Ann could have been born 1847 ??...the census says 1846...allan;)

Comment

Hi, I've gone through the 1851 census for Ann born 1847 and come up with the one, previously mentioned, in Stoke on Trent
                            Joseph H M 40 Potter born Cheshire (looks like Barlyham)
                            Jane wife M 40 born Hanley Staffs
                            Josiah son 18 Potter
                            John " 16 "
                            Joseph " 14 "
                            Mary dau 11
                            Thomas son 9 potter
                            William " 6
                            Ann Jane dau 4
                            Mary Wilcox Mother-in-law 64
                            All the children were born in Hanley
                            Hope this helps - Val

Comment

Didn't find any answers for you - sorry,
                              but the variation Eveson came up in Kidderminster more frequently than Evason - might be that she was originally with an E ??
                              ;) Helen x

Comment

Working...
                              X