Anyone know AOL parental controls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know AOL parental controls??

Just curious, if there are different screen names and user accounts on a pc and one has parental controls how can that account suddenly try to visit several (blocked) sites that the other users visit.

eg

GR, Ancestry, FTF, my FTM tree site, youtube and others.

By default we always surf via the AOL homepage, now we use vista i can't even work out how to pull up the history on IE (found some bits i had to block on the old XP machine).
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Cant help you with the AOL thing Glen (how come no one has answered this yet??) but I can tell you on VISTA IE7 you get history by clicking on the little star icon top left hand of the page. Dont you use Firefox?

Comment

Glen, sorry, I didn't really understand the question - are you saying that the parental control account tried to visit those sites and was blocked, or did manage to visit them but should have been blocked, or is it something else that you want to know?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Apologies
        I didn't catch the replies till today.

Having followed the tip from Heather the browsing history doesn't display any results for IE, but see below re the AOL homepage reference.

Stepson has a user account on the pc and also his own aol screen-name/sign in for accessing the internet, his aol settings are "young teenager" and i get reports about his online activites.

Recently he has tried to access Ancestry, FTF, Familysearch, FamilyHistoryOnline, Freebmd, Freereg, Freecen, Genes, Rootschat as well as some others, in fact basically any sites that i have visited and the parental controls have blocked him.

We just use the standard AOL homepage as the normal browser, the history displayed on his screen name won't include my site history (and vice versa), interestingly none of the sites appear in his history either, but i'm stumped as to how he suddenly appears to be trying to visit the same sites as i do, he couldn't possibly remember all the site addys and would never get close to guessing some of them either but the online reports show he is trying.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
        X