FAO Tom-Tom - St Margaret's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Tom-Tom - St Margaret's

Tom, here are the first two photos of the grave of Charles and Harriet Pratt at St Margaret's.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

To give you some idea of the graveyard.

Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

ooo Thanks Elizabeth!

Very kind of you and it is good to be able to fill in some extra little details... Lord of the Manor, I didn't know that! ;)

Did you say their daughter Georgiana was on there as well?

Thanks again,

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Georgiana is following!
        Glad you like them.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:

Comment

Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Another one showing the grave in situ.

Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Tom, I'm posting this one to show you the state of most of the old graves that remain.

It's impossible to read the inscription - it has been worn away
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth. I would imagine that Joseph and Frances would have a gravestone somewhere but it is probably worn away which is such a shame but is the case with many of the older graves in many churchyards.

You have found my first "box grave" though which is great :D

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Last two that I am going to add:

Both views from the opposite side of the road where they are building new houses and flats. No longer rural, I'm afraid. It must have been very pretty just 50 years ago.

Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth

Comment

I'll phone the church warden after the weekend and ask her about the interior of the church and whether there is a memorial to Joseph Stephen Pratt.

I enjoyed this!
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                      X