GR contact please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR contact please

Anyone around who has still got full membership to GR? I would like SKS to make contact with a possible connection for me please.

Thanks
    Rose

I have full membership Rosie, pm me please with the details and I will do my best for you x

Comment

Don't expect too much.

I cannot help as I do not have the requisite subscription to GR.

However, I was in a similar situation to you. Another member of this site passed a message for me, Then I waited for a response, and waited, and waited. I am still waiting, but still hopeful.

Some people make contact straight away. My you be so lucky. If not, have patience.

Hugo

Comment

Thanks Julie, I will send you a PM

Hugo, yes it is very much pot luck over the other side lol.
        Rose

Comment

Message sent Rosie x fingers crossed

Comment

Thanks Julie, I will keep an eye out for a reply and let you know. :D
            Rose

Comment

Well, I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for a reply :(.

I have just had a scout around GR with 'my' names and there are people there who appear to be good matches. Why haven't they contacted me???

I have added more details, and some parents, that I have discovered since I put me tree on there, in the hope that someone will contact me.

One particular match that hasn't contacted me is irksome as they have got the correct details, the IGI submitted record being wrong.

*drums fingers impatiently*
              Rose

Comment

*waits for Hugo to say I told you so*
                Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post
                  *waits for Hugo to say I told you so*
                  While you're waiting, I'll say "if it's that vital you could always cough up a sub." :D:D
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Rose, I am also waiting for people to get back to me, I assume that they have lost interest and no longer use the site - shame when they clearly have the same people in their tree as I do:(

Comment

Don't forget that if the person who has been contacted on your behalf isn't a paid-up member either, then they can't contact you directly - they would only be able to reply to the person who contacted them and maybe they don't want to do it that way?
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh it's so frustrating isn't it Rose. I'm no longer a paid up member over there. Several months ago with the hot matches thingy there was a lady who had 10 of mine, all correct. I was a bit suspicious and did nothing about it. Well come this Monday the lady (from Ontario) sent me a message on GR and it's patently obvious that her Grandad and mine were brothers. It's answered the puzzle as to why I couldn't find my Grandad's youngest sibling!!

I opened my tree for her (well at least I think I did!) but haven't heard anything since, lol

I guess I've got to be philosophical about it and take the attitude that..... well I've not known of her for these past 64 years and just be patient

La plus perdue de toutes les journees est celle ou l'on n'a pas ri
                        Chamfort

The most completely wasted of all days are those on which we have not laughed

Comment

"*waits for Hugo to say I told you so*"

That never crossed my mind.

I am just a bit saddened that you have had the same result as me. I am still waiting, with slowly diminishing hope.

You cannot be optimistic without hope.

Hugo

Comment

Ah, never thought that they may have lapsed also. I assumed that because the match popped up now it had only recently been added to their tree
                            Rose

Comment

Hmmm, I remain optimistic! I have just had another shuftie with one particular name and the person who also matches some of my other ancestors added this one within the last 14 days.

*grudgingly admits Uncle John has a good point lol*
                              Rose

Comment

I can't really remember exactly how GR works, Rosie, but couldn't they have joined with a free membership and built their tree on there without paying?
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Just logged out to check, and it says "To build your family tree, and search over 174 million relations to discover your family's story, register free."
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                                    Just logged out to check, and it says "To build your family tree, and search over 174 million relations to discover your family's story, register free."
                                    Yes, I suppose that would follow as I am lapsed and was able to add to my tree last night.

Bother.
                                    Rose

Comment

Hi Rose I am a paid up member if you want any help let me know.

Ps I have some pictures of lavatory lane for you, they are not very good but I am sure they will bring back some memorys, pm me your e-mail address and I will send them over.

Comment

But just imagine stumping up for a sub and they STILL don't reply!

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X