Taff Valley Railway death 1865

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taff Valley Railway death 1865

Pontypridd R.O. rang me re death cert I ordered for ancestor Samuel Bryant who died 1865 Pontypridd.

She told me he was a labourer and killed by a train. Have googled and found quite a lot of interesting info re Taff Valley Rlway and how busy it was around the Pontypridd station during that time.

There was an inquest so I have e mailed Pontypridd Library re newspaper report. Their website lists newspapers they hold and they are not early enough. Guess they will forward this on the the Central Lib Cardiff.

The newspaper report will confirm, no doubt, the wife he leaves behind as well as what happened.

The Railways Archive of Accidents seems to refer mainly to larger accidents involving more than one person.

He had come up from Devon as an ag lab, where he was in 1861. His wife went on till about 1905 bringing up sons as coal miners and having lots of coal miner lodgers at their Foundry Terr address.

If he worked as a labourer, wonder if she got a pension?

Any other thoughts about trails I can follow on this new bit of info? Have checked the wiki on here.

Thanks.
    Liz

You could try on here, but I'm not sure if it will give you any more info than you already have:
    BLACK SHEEP INDEX Over 400,000 names taken from the media for The Black Sheep Index, Police Index, Great War Index, World War II Index, Railway Index, Mining Index, Shipping Index, Publicans Index, Doctors Index, Clergymen Index, Ancestors 'R Us
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks K.R. will check it out. Death cert should arrive tomorrow.

UPDATE: Ineresting site - but no, he isn't on there.
      Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 26-09-08, 08:53.
      Liz

Comment

Working...
      X