On YouTube, I get this.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On YouTube, I get this.............

'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.'

I cannot run YouTube videos ! :( I used to be able to.

I get the above message...............please can someone tell me what to do - basic, step by step ? Many thanks indeed.

I do believe I have the latest Adobe version......... (I think)

Simon

Simon, I sometimes get that message if my computer is getting low on RAM (memory); I think in that case it means it doesn't have enough memory to load Flash Player. But one time I reinstalled Flash Player and that solved it.

I would google for how to check what version of Flash Player you have, but it's getting late! One way is to go onto Genes Reunited and right-click on that advert at the top of the screen and hopefully at the bottom of the list of menu options there will be "About Adobe Flash Player 9", or whatever version it is. Actually, that might be a clue - if you see the advert playing on GR then at least you have Flash Player! If the advert doesn't play on GR then check if you are low on RAM, and if not, then go to the Adobe site to see if you need to download Flash Player.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Simon,

I think going to the link below should tell you which version you have.

Adobe - Flash Player
      Christine in Portugal

Comment

Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.12.36

I'm still having huge problems downloading this to my PC.

I wonder if there is anyone prepared to download it to their pc and then e-mail it over to me ?

If you would be so kind and PM me, then I'll send you my e-mail address.

I'll be back here later or tomorrow. There is no rush.

Thanks

Simon

Comment

I just tried to download version 10 as I have version 9 but it doesn't give the option to save it, only to install.

It didn't install though. Have you looked at the section on help on Adobe's website?

I think maybe you have to uninstall your previous version.
          I haven't bothered as am not having any problems at the moment.
          Christine in Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Portugal View Post
            I just tried to download version 10 as I have version 9 but it doesn't give the option to save it, only to install.

It didn't install though. Have you looked at the section on help on Adobe's website?

Good morning to you.

Mine didn't install either ! Thanks for comments, I'll have to have a look at this later today........when I've woken up !

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Portugal View Post

You have to install it first, if you get the box asking to run or save always click on run. It and any other applictions you download/update will be automatically saved into it's own file and saves future problems which you will get if you don't allow the program to install properly. There is no need to uninstall your current version as the new update will update it for you.

Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash will tell you when next there is an update. Here's a link to the Flash Player download page

Have you checked if Java is uo to date ? Go to Control Panel, Look for the Java icon, right click on it and open. You'll see if you have automatic updates ticked, if not I'd suggest ticking it. Also you can update Java yourself from that box, you'll see Update as one of the headers.

HTH !
              Last edited by MTA; 23-11-08, 12:09.

Comment

Simon, are you getting that error message for all YouTube movies that you try to watch, or only for certain ones? Because I've still got Flash Player 9.0.124.0 on this computer (I don't think it would be able to handle version 10) but it still manages to play YouTube movies.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                X