Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a marriage of a Rose Bettis c1930's

Hi Have a Rose Playford who married Richard Bettis in 1924
    Richard died June 1928 in Romford (three sons)

I know that Rose remarried, but have no idea to who.
    I know of a daughter called Silvia
    They all lived in Stratford London area.

Any way I could find out who Rose married?

Thanks
    Trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

If you find Rose in the marriage indexes it will give the surname of her 2nd husband. You can then look up that surname and find the man with same GRO ref as Rose's.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I have six different Rose or veriants of Rose on BMD up to 1941, so still stuck on this one.
      Oh well, another for the back of the old genealogy drawer to be looked at later

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

If you know when Rose was born you could try cross referencing that with the death index 1984- 2005 on ancestry with the possible marriage names you have found.

Also, if some of them are less common you could try and eliminate them the same way.

Although you must remember the date of birth was only as good as the person giving the info and she may not have died between 1984 and 2005.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Well, if you have time to spare you could search through the births for each of the possible surnames to see if there is a Silvia with mother's maiden name Playford.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
          X