please an elderly friend 83 has asked me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please an elderly friend 83 has asked me

to see if i can trace her parents and grandfather,can anyone help me please....this is what she gave me

fredrick george grace born abt 1880 married margaret willhamena whitelaw
    lived claughton birkenhead.were married west derby register office,he lived with a women before marrying margaret,and beleive to have a family by her too.
    and a Father fred grace lived in imrie street or upper brassey street he had sisters elsie,irene,lillian,and maybe more.would he be on a census of 1901 and his address?

it would make her day if i could get as much info as poss,many thanks in advance.
    im going for a photo shoot...lol...at aged concern so wont be back till 4.have a good day all brenda xxx

Let's start with the marriage

Marriages Jun 1919
    Grace Frederick Whitelaw
    Whitelaw Margaret M Grace
    W. Derby volume 8b page 1120
    Elaine

Comment

Could this be a birth registration for Margaret - was she a lot younger than Frederick Grace?

Births Dec 1900
      Whitelaw Margaret Wilhelmina
      W. Derby volume 8b page 426
      Elaine

Comment

IF that is the correct Margaret Whitelaw then this looks like her on the 1901 census with parents.

RG13; Piece: 3492; Folio: 125; Page: 12.

Elizabeth Whitelaw c1876 Liverpool - Wife
        Frederick Whitelaw c 1877 Liverpool - Head - occupation butcher's carver
        Margaret Whitelaw c 1900 Liverpool - Daughter

address 18 Dalton Street West Derby.
        Elaine

Comment

wow elaine that was quick,is there any census,s with them on?brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Could this be a birth registration for Margaret - was she a lot younger than Frederick Grace?

Births Dec 1900
            Whitelaw Margaret Wilhelmina
            W. Derby volume 8b page 426

not sure as this is all the info she had ,but her middle name is unusual and thats the same.brenda xxx

Comment

Can you clarify - are Elsie, Irene, Lillian sisters of Frederick Grace born c1880?
              Elaine

Comment

there of father fredrick grace he was a priest ,he was born later as i beleive brenda im trying to ring her as she may be still in bed being 83 brenda xxx

Comment

Is Frederick Grace born c 1880 her father - or her grandfather?
                  Elaine

Comment

father fredrick was son of fredrick grace brendaxxx

her father
                    father fredrick was she beleive her brother if born after 1900 brenda xx
                    Last edited by Guest; 24-09-08, 09:30.

Comment

Does she have any idea of the year of her birth of her father Frederick?
                      Elaine

Comment

Is Frederick Grace born c 1880 her father - or her grandfather?
                        this was the grandfather
                        and the other fredrick her brother as she never knew her family,and has just found snippets from a nephew who is researching and getting nowhere brenda xxx

Comment

So was she brought up believing that Margaret Whitelaw (married to Frederick Grace) was her mother or her grandmother?

Does she have her own birth certificate - if so what is shown for parent's names?
                          Elaine

Comment

Bren, I've sent you a PM listing the children of Grace / Whitelaw which I found on FreeBMD. But is it Frederick George Grace's children by his previous "wife" who you're hoping to find out about? I'm a bit confused!
                            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                              Bren, I've sent you a PM listing the children of Grace / Whitelaw which I found on FreeBMD. But is it Frederick George Grace's children by his previous "wife" who you're hoping to find out about? I'm a bit confused!
                              both if possable as she knews she has half brothers and sisters,and if so they would be dead as this was his first family but she doesnt beleive he married her as he was a little devil lol brenda xx

Comment

she is looking for both grace and whitelaws brenda xxx

Comment

So was she brought up believing that Margaret Whitelaw (married to Frederick Grace) was her mother or her grandmother?

Does she have her own birth certificate - if so what is shown for parent's names?

was her mother,he left her and miriel had a step father brenda xxx

Comment

I'm aware some of these people may still be alive so won't post names but it looks like the couple who married in 1919 had at least three sons, born in W Derby district 1920, 21 and 23 and a daughter (your 83 year old friend?) born 1926. The oldest boy was Frederick so would be your friend's brother Fred. Not sure if it was this Fred who was a priest or if you think there was another, older Fred possibly half brother from the earlier relationship?
                                    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

... and are you saying that the stepfather's name was Frederick Grace as well.

Sorry if I am sounding thick but am getting a bit confused!
                                      Elaine

Comment

please forgive me i will do it again
                                        father fredrick grace is her grandfather
                                        his son fredrick is her father born 1880
                                        what you found is right.she wanted to know about the father fredrick grace was he living in imrie street or brassey st on the census.he had she beleives a elsie,irine,lillian as sisters.

then her father who left was fredrick grace,he had a family and was not married before he married her mum margaret.he left her and she doesnt know when or where he died

only the 2 street names.she was brought up with her mum and a stepfather.hope it is better for you to understand
                                        brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                                        X