GR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR

I've just received an email sent to me via GR and I've not been a member since we started this site. The member asked me how to order Certs from local Reg offices.
    I've replied and said I was a bit confused as to why she contacted me as I am no longer a member and she replied that my name came up on ancestry tips.
    I am still confused what has ancestry to do with GR?
    GWEN

Gwen

Perhaps there is a thread on GR (an old one) titled Ancestry Tips???

I sometimes get these odd emails from people asking me to help them find something or other. I don't know why but presume they just clicked on my name in desperation?!

(The best one was:

"I don't know what you are talking about. Can you explain to a newbie?"

As I didn't know what HE was talking about, it took a good few emails to work it out. It was something I had said on a thread posted two years earlier!)

OC

Comment

Thanks OC
      I thought I was going mad I have deleted my tree and not been on the site since we all left!!!!!! so not sure what she was talking about and even though I've replied and she's replied I'am none the wiser her emails are not very clear so I think I will give up.
      I am amazed that you can still be contacted when you are no longer a member and that you can reply without paying a subscription.
      GWEN

Comment

I think you'll find that you can reply without a subscription (in order not to annoy current members) but you can't initiate a correspondence.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

And as OC has found, your old threads can take on a life of their own long after you've left GR.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I still have an out of the blue but very useful and lovely GR email from Glenn (with tinsel knickers) from when I was a newbie. He was reading old posts, found 1 I'd posted but no one had replied to and sent me a response. So not all out of the blue emails are bad.
            Kit

Comment

Working...
            X