Outlook express emails not sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook express emails not sent

I seem to have developed some sort of problem on outlook, when I try and send a message it wont go, and I get the message
    outgoing server smtp.talktalk.net cannot be found ,and in the box it says failed to find host socket error 11004
    any ideas thanks ????????????

Val, I have not been able to find the error on the tt site but this is the nearest that I got.You mention Outlook which is a seperate program and also mention Outlook Express they both need to be set up differently.

When I set up my friends Outlook Express it was very unusal do you remember me sending you a pm about the www. - that was needed to activate his new account and is a normal email address now. I thought that you had Vista? in which case we could be into Windows Mail.
    Sorry I cannot really help only waffle on.

Type the error number into google and you will come up with several options they mention nasties like 'Registry' and all that.

?I can receive e-mails from my old account but I can't send them

If you used your previous internet service provider (ISP) for e-mail, this may be affected when you change to TalkTalk Broadband because you are no longer connecting through your ISP. In most cases you will still be able to receive e-mails sent to your old e-mail address, though you may not be able to send them. Contact your previous ISP for further help.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 23-09-08, 21:12.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

thanks Margaret did google but did not understand it , will have another go

Comment

Val, Neither did I.

Sleep well
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
        X