Help to find a marriage please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find a marriage please.

Could someone find this marriage please, i have been seaching all week and have no idea where they would have married.

Isaac Holmes born 20 June 1827 Birmingham (IGI has both Baptism and Birth date extracted)

Emma Hill born c1824 Burton on Trent cannot find a baptism for her.

Isaac and his parents are living in Derby 1841 and both Isaac and Emma are with them in 1851 along with Isaacs brother William

First child born Feb 1852 Derby (have cert)

Though there is a grandson John 7 months born Manchester on the 1851 census and a grandaughter aged 13 born Derby, who would be too old to be theirs.

Any help appreciated Thanks.

Sylvia
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

sorry. cant see anythong on freebmd:o

Comment

Thank you for looking, i have tried FreeBMD, IGI and Ancestry with no luck.

Sylvia
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

dont worry, someone better than me will find something gor you. christine, nell and kite are great at this!!

Comment

On Free Reg the only marriage for Isaac Holmes is 20/12/1812 - Duffield Derbys
          married - Sarah Timmins

also on free reg

Baptism

Emma Hill - 14/7/1822
          St Peters Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

parents names -John & Sarah - John is a paper tray maker

Probably not who you are looking for - sorry I can't help any further

Comment

I can't find the marriage, but on the 1861 census Isaac (33) and Emma are living nextdoor to a John and Ann Holmes. John is 40 and a bricklayer and has a son called Isaac. From the 1841 census it looks like John and Isaac senr are brothers.

On the 1851 census John and Ann Holmes have a lodger called Charles Hill aged 25/26 born in Burton on Trent, same as Emma.

I think Emma and Charles may be siblings and their baps are in the IGI along with a lot of other Hills with the same parents, but Emma's name is transcribed as Emila which is why you didn't see it! Their parents are Edward and Sarah Hill and all the baps are at Burton on Trent.

I'm trying to find the Hill family in 1841, but it's proving hard work and I should be hanging out the washing lol

Comment

Thank you for looking Julie

Sylvia
              Sylvia

Comment

These baps all have Edward and Sarah as parents. However, Edwin is on the 1841 census with his parents and they are only 30 years of age, so there's obviously more than one family to sort out! The young Edward and Sarah also have Charlotte 11 and John 4 in 1841. John is probably number 12 on the following list (also Edwin, number 19). Charlotte might not be their child of course.......

1. ADDALINE HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Female Christening: 26 MAR 1826 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

2. EDWARD HILL - International Genealogical Index

3. EDWARD HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 17 MAR 1839 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

4. CHARLES HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 05 JUL 1829 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

5. ELIZA HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Female Christening: 25 OCT 1812 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

6. EMILA HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Female Christening: 21 MAR 1824 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

7. ISABELLA HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Female Christening: 29 JUN 1828 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

8. JOHN HILL - International Genealogical Index

9. JOHN HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 24 MAR 1814 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

10. JOHN HILL - International Genealogical Index

11. JOHN HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 08 AUG 1819 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

12. JOHN HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 09 JUL 1837 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

13. DAVID HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 28 SEP 1817 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

14. NATHANAEL HILL - International Genealogical Index

15. NATHANAEL HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 25 DEC 1832 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

16. ENOS HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 20 OCT 1821 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

17. THOMAS HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 01 OCT 1815 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

18. AGNES HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Female Christening: 03 OCT 1830 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

19. EDWIN HILL - International Genealogical Index
                Gender: Male Christening: 27 DEC 1840 Burton Upon Trent, Stafford

Comment

So far not found their marriage but have found a Isaac marrying an Emma Gill in 1841. I thought it might be them Gill could be mistaken for Hill but it is in Ponterfact W. Yorkshire so will keep looking
                  Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 22-09-08, 11:14.
                  GWEN

Comment

Merry.. not sure we have the same 1941 census, i have no John on mine.

will go look at the 1861, i ran out of ink last night so couldnt print it.
                    Sylvia

Comment

Emila could be my Emma, as Isaac and Emma Had a daughter Addeline, so a possibility
                      Sylvia

Comment

Oops, I lied!! lol

In 1841 Isaac is with is parents, Thomas and Catherine, and John and his wife Ann are on the previous page! (don't trust my memory lol). Both families are at Walker Lane, Court 8, so extremely close together!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie Gert View Post
                          Emila could be my Emma, as Isaac and Emma Had a daughter Addeline, so a possibility
                          Exactly, and an Isabella too.

Family search insist that Emila should be Amelia or Emily, but I think it's far more likely the transcriber just couldn't read the word Emma.

Comment

Thats the one Merry, Walker Lane was popular with my families on mine and oh`s sides, i`m beginning to think i should have lived there myself.
                            Sylvia

Comment

Isabella is the one i have the cert for, she was my oh`s 2x greatgrandmother
                              Sylvia

Comment

Is this Emma and family in 1841?

Chorlton upon Medlock, Manchester, Lancs (address not very clear!) Spellings are as enumerated.

Edward Hill 60 Labourer No
                                Sarah Hill 55 No
                                Emma Hill 18 Weaver No
                                Adde Hill 15 Weaver No
                                Bella Hill15 Weaver No
                                Agness Hill 10 No
                                Catherine 4 No

HO107; Piece 580; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Manchester; County: Lancashire; Enumeration District: 23; Folio: 38; Page: 27; Line: 12

Comment

Thank you Merry, so the John aged 7 months on the 1861 census could be theirs then, wonder if they married in Manchester
                                  Sylvia

Comment

What does Manchester come under?
                                    Sylvia

Comment

I have a gut feeling they did marry somewhere! Maybe this is one of those ellusive "didn't reach the GRO marriages? I can't see anything on Lancs BMD though :(

Comment

Found it 8 Feb 1849 Cathedral Manchester, his surname is spelt Hulme
                                        Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                                        X