Help find Catherine Perryman in 1841 England census needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help find Catherine Perryman in 1841 England census needed

Thanks to help from Orangeblossom last few days have all the relevant census of Catherine's family in 1841 and of Catherine from 1851 onwards.

She isn't with her family in 1841. Can anyone find her (probably in Devon)?

Catherine Perryman born about 1827 Molland, Devon. In 1851 she is a dressmaker. Her family lived in Bishops Nympton, Devon.

She was witness to her cousin's marriage in 12/1850 in Molland.

Probably can't find her due to a mistranscription.

Orangeblossom has had a go at finding her but Catherine has proved elusive. Anyone else fancy having a go? Thanks.
    Liz

who is she with in 1851? what are her parents names?

Comment

Parents John (57) and Mary (55), and Cath's sibs; Grace (27), Richard (20) and John (16) in 1851 and in 1841 there's John (45) and Mary (45) with James (15), Grace (15), Richard (9), Elizabeth (7), John (5) and Mary (1). In Bishops Nympton both times.

Comment

according to igi she was christened october 1826. i have had a quick look but can't find anything as yet. will give it another go.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have all that info - it's just the 1841. Have you tried sp of Perriman which is how the name is spelled sometimes on IGI?
          Liz

Comment

I didn't use a surname at all for some searches in case the P at the beginning was mistranscribed, but still didn't find anything.

Comment

There's a caroline perriman in Barnstable devon - living with a Johanna Britton - don't suppose that could be your girl could it ? ref HO 107/203/5

Comment

im pretty sure she belongs to a different family, i think they found her on another census

Comment

No...Caroline is different. It is Catherine. Thanks for looking.
                  Liz

Comment

Working...
                  X