Disappearing Family??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Family??

I have spent the last few hours searching for these people in 1871 and 1881 but can find no trace of any of them.

EDWIN CREE born 04 Jan 1841 in Mansfield, Notts
    CAROLINE ELIZABETH born c1845 in Liverpool
    HARRY EDWARD CREE, b. Jun 1875, Salford
    CHARLES CHRISTOPHER CREE, b. Sep 1876, Salford; d. Sep 1876, Salford
    ALFRED EDWIN CREE, b. Dec 1877, Salford
    CHARLES CALEB CREE, b. Sep 1880, Prestwich

Two further chilren born after 1881:-
    ERNEST GEORGE CREE, b. Dec 1882, Prestwich
    FANNY ELIZABETH CREE, b. Jun 1885, Prestwich

Edwin was previously married to Mary Acton in 1861 then to Mary Ann Willey in 1867. He married Caroline in 1874 and died in 1885.

I have found (Caroline) Elizabeth in 1891 with the children and an extra son, William, b. 1866 in New York. I cannot read his full name and can only assume he is her son is from a previous marriage. (She married Edwin as Caroline Elizabeth Benson but her mother is with her her in 1891 and I have found her birth record in the name of Prior).

Can anyone please help me to find Edwin and Mary in 1871 and Edwin & Caroline Elizabeth in 1881.

Thanks in advance.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

RG11; Piece: 4020; Folio: 13; Page: 19
    transcribed as Crear
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine
      I knew you would find them for me as you always do. You are a star.
      How do you do it?
      Thank you so much, once again.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Here's the 1881:

RG11; Piece: 4020; Folio: 13; Page: 19

Comment

Whoops, a bit slow! lol

Comment

Thanks Merry - LOL!
            This also confirms the surname of the extra son from 1891.
            I just need to find Edwin in 1871 now to see if he and Mary Acton had any children during the six years of their marriage, although I would assume they should be with Edwin in 1881 if they existed.
            Lynne

Comment

On the 1881 I searched for a male with first name of Edw* (that would pick up Edwin, Edward etc) - born 1841 +/- 2 years, born in Mansfield.
              Nothing else.

Struggling with the 1871 at the moment!
              Elaine

Comment

do you know where mary was born or where?

Comment

Thanks for the tip Elaine, I will try that in future. I usually use the full name but did try Edward in case it had been mistranscribed. I also tried all the Edwins born 1841 +- 2 years and tried all the children's names.
                  I believe I have seen 'less is more' on this forum before but forgot about it!
                  Lynne

Comment

Tessie
                    Mary Acton was born in Mansfield, Notts, c1837. I don't know where Mary Ann Willey was born.
                    Lynne

Comment

I presume these are the wives deaths?:

Deaths Jun 1866
                      Cree Mary 29 Mansfield 7b 49

Deaths Sep 1872
                      CREE Mary 33 Salford 8d 36

Comment

Sorry Lynne - cannot see them in 1871.
                        Elaine

Comment

Merry
                          I already had Mary Action's death but not Mary Ann Willey's as I have no idea when and where she was born or died.
                          Thanks very much.
                          Lynne

Comment

Elaine
                            No worries, you found them in 1881 which has been a great help.
                            Thanks again.
                            Lynne

Comment

Working...
                            X