Are Transcribers Still Required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Transcribers Still Required?

Are there any sites which still require transcribers?

If there are, then I am willing to volunteer.

Hugo

So far as I know, the Free-set (-BMD, -REG, -CEN) would all be delighted to recruit a volunteer! Many of the Local FHS groups have projects in hand. In either case, I believe that they quite accept that you would be more willing to transcribe an area which is likely to include people from your tree.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine,

I had not thought of the local FHS. As for the the Free-set (-BMD, -REG, -CEN), I did not know if they were looking for transcribers, perhaps because I have not used them much.

Hugo

Comment

Hi Hugo

here is the link for FreeREG - they are always looking for transcribers

Contributing to the FreeREG Project
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Lancs OPC were looking. I started then had massive computer problems, so haven't been able to get back.

Actually every OPC I've contacted has been after transcribers, so you could probably pick an area you are interested in.

Comment

I'm sure freebmd are still needing transcribers

FreeBMD Signup
            Looking for Allinson, Barker, Bedford, Crosby, Emanuel, Glasby, Heseltine, Lister, Moorhouse, Morgan, Rees, Seymour, Sidwell, Summers, Tate, Turpin, Wilson

Comment

family search have a link for transcribing too. Mainly american records from the quick look I had.

On second thoughts I have a lot of records you could transcribe for me if you'd like.
              Kit

Comment

Christine, I am awaiting a reply fom my local FHS.

Harry's Mum, What is an OPC? I don't recognise the accronym.

Kit, If you want, I will make a start on your records until I hear from my FHS.

Hugo

Comment

OPC is online parish clerk. They are fantastic if they exist in the area you are interested in.

Cornwall have good ones. CORNWALL ONLINE PARISH CLERKS Genealogy

Hugo thanks for the offer. I was actually joking but I do have some wills to transcribe if you really want to. I haven't actually got the Bainton, Yorkshire parish records so that will remain on my wish list.
                  Kit

Comment

Thanks Kit. I will pass on the Wills. Hope you will forgive the pun.

I have just found a new branch of my mother's tree.

Hugo

Comment

Hugo I'm so disappointed. How could a new branch on your tree be more important than my wills??? ;);)

Seriously good luck. I always emjoy a new chase.
                      Kit

Comment

Thanks Kit. Sorry to dash your hopes.

Hugo

Comment

Working...
                        X