Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French BMD Records

Good morning everyone

Does anyone know of a website which records births marriages and deaths in France please ?

Thanks - Carole.

Hi Carole,
    Have you tried on FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records ?

Sorry to say that apart from that one, I don't think there is much French BMD stuff online. We have some links to various French sites in our Wiki:
    France - Family Tree Forum
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

French BMD Records

Thanks for that bit of advice - I have tried Family Search.org and I'll try the Forum.

For the benefit of anyone else, I have had a look at Cindi's list under 'France' and there are quite a few sites. Some of them are in French only, some with English translation, and some are in English. They do have some useful information, including up to date telephone directories where I found the telephone number of my cousin in Paris !

However there was nothing equivalent to the search sites we use here. I am looking to see if there is an equivalent to our excellent Family Tree Forum in French - I will look into that and will let you know. Luckily I do speak French
      so I might be able to translate a few queries for FTF members who are searching France.

Thanks again for your help.

Carole.

Comment

I don't know of anything of a general nature but there are good French forums which exist for many departments and which transcribe/publish BMD on the forum.
        CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP. I HAVE FOUND A WEBSITE FOR FRENCH GENEALOGY.
          Généalogie : recherchez vos ancêtres, publiez votre généalogie, consultez l'état-civil ... - GeneaNet. It starts off in French but if you click on the first flag (Australian ?) in the row on the top right of the page you get English. Click on any other flag and you get the appropriate language.
          It's a bit fiddly at first but once you are used to it there is quite a bit of info before you have to pay anything !
          Carole

Comment

Thank you for that link looks like I have found e-mial addy of someone with DePlus in there tree on there ;; oh fingers X
            borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
            X