Hertfordshire HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hertfordshire HELP

i am new to the board and would like to know if anyone can recommend someone to research my wife's family.

we are based in Ware Herts

Martyn Smith

Welcome, Martyn!

Firstly, are you sure that you don't want to be involved in the research itself? You are obviously interested enough to join this site, and with a little effort you could find out a fair amount from BMDs and census returns.

Do you envisage that it would be a difficult job to research your wife's family?

If you would like us to help you start, you could post on here details of what you already know (but don't give us the names and details of anyone still living).

With our help, I can't see that you would need a professional researcher unless there is a very good reason.

I'm not far from you - Harpenden!

Post away, we'll do all we can to help.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Martyn Welcome to FTF.

We will all help you with this. Can you put names and dates up here.
      Please remember we are not allowed to put names of living people here without their permission.

Also look at the bar across the top of this page and see The Wiki. Click on that and have a look around.

I know a lot of people here who have had much better results from all the kind helpers here than they would ahve got from any pain researcher.....me included.

Comment

Hello Martyn,

Do have a go yourself, with help from the people here. There is so much information available and you won't get better advice of where to look, look-ups done for you and accuracy than from the experienced researchers that help lots of people on this site.

Ice

Comment

Martyn, I'm sure the FTF Generation Game ladies would love to have a go at researching your family. Just PM me if you would like us to help.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

You are just a train stop away from the County Record Office in Pegs Lane, Hertford.
            They have brilliant staff who are very knowledgeable on all records and places in Hertfordshire and will help you all they can.

Viv (Letchworth)
            ♥Viv in Herts♥

Researching Tucker in London/Australia. Cliff in U.S.A. Fuller, Eaton & Sa(u)nders in Bedfordshire. Turner, Morley, Blythe & Webb in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk. Want in Hertfordshire.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
              Martyn, I'm sure the FTF Generation Game ladies would love to have a go at researching your family. Just PM me if you would like us to help.
              Absolutely. We would love to get 'stuck' in.
              Tracy

Comment

Welcome to the board, Martyn.

The replies you've already had are just what I'd have expected here! There are lots of folk who welcome a chance to unravel a puzzle - even when it's someone else's. If I were so close to your side of the county, I'd have had several trips to the local records office (aka RO - but beware that the same initials get used for register office!) by now, for bits of my tree and for friends.

If any of your tree is in Bushey, then the local (excellent) museum is within easy reach of me, and the local studies section has copies of the parish registers.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X