Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could somebody check the ages of the parents please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could somebody check the ages of the parents please?

Just adding a little more info on a branch and it keeps telling me that the mother was more than 50 when the child was born so wonder if somebody could check the ages for me please.
    Martin Henry Harbour c 1777
    Frances Harbour (nee Pearson) c 1782
    children
    William Alfred 1826
    George 1830
    Thomas 1834
    Clara Jane 1837
    Robert 1841
    Frederick Frances JAmes 1844
    All born Tonbridge Kent apart from Clara born India.

Gloryer.....I can't find them. What census is that from 1851??

Comment

Quite often spelt HARBER. Should be on 1851 as Frederick was born Tonbridge 1844. Robert married 1875 Dover.

Comment

I have death dates of 1855 for Martin and 1870 for Frances.

Comment

I'm going blind.........Cannot even see a Martin born about that time married to a Frances at all. Even without surnames.

Comment

Well.....I found something.

Francis (male) head born 1818
            Frederick born 1844
            William born 1842
            All born Tunbridge Kent.

Comment

Is this Martin and frances in 1841?
              - Ancestry.co.uk
              There is only 1 other in the househole Henry age 25. The birth years would be right for Martin and Frances but she would not have had any children after 1841 as she is 70 then.
              Margaret

Comment

I dont have access to ancestry so cant check teh link. The information was goven to me by a descendant of the Harbour family. I am wondering if he has jumped a generation or got the children jumbled up. Seems a bit odd that one was born in India. There is another branch that had all their children in India.

Comment

Hi,
                  Sorry. The information on 1841 census for Tonbridge is

Martin Harbour age 70 occ: ag lab, born Kent,
                  Frances harbour age 70 born Kent,
                  Henry Harbour age 25 no occ: born Kent,

and not in houshold but at same address:
                  Ann Corless age 20 occ ag lab born Kent.

Address looks like Cop Green.

Certainly sounds like a mix up to me re generations.

Regards,
                  Margaret

Comment

Looked further on 1841 in Tonbridge and found a Martin Harbour age 25 (c1816) ag lab with Frances Harbour age 20 (c1821) ag lab. Could this be the couple that the children belong to?
                    Margaret

Comment

There are definately 2 lots of Martin Harbour on 1841. Martin bn 1816 Kent and Frances Harbour bn 1821 Kent. The address looks like Holland...something

The other is Martin Harbour bn 1771 Kent and Francis Harbour bn 1771 Kent with Henry Harbour bn 1816 Kent. The address is Cop Green?
                      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

1851 cenus. Frederick Harbour age 7. bn 1844 Tonbridge. But living with Francis (male) bn 1818 Wrotham, Pauper and William bn 1842. That's the only Frederick I could see.
                        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

thank you all for looking. I think that one set of Martin and frances are maybe the parents of the other Martin and Frances. I shall have to get back to mr Harbour and ask him what else he knows.

Comment

Gloryer......I'd agree with you except Francis on the 1851 is a male and a widower.

I'll have a look for his marriage. Maybe you need to buy a birth cert for one of those children in the 1851 and see who the mother is.

Comment

I was looking on worldconnect last night and somebody has similar details on there. Not quite made head or tail of it all yet. I have HArbour in my direct line so somewhere along the way the 2 lines do meet up. My direct line is James Harbour b 1762 Sutton at hone. Then Henry Martin Harbour and wife Frances.

Comment

Working...
                              X