pipl.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipl.com

Just came across this whilst doing a google search and I thought it would be of use as it's a web search connected to google which searches people on the net and can also search deeper than just websites i.e. PDFs databases and word documents on the net.

Welcome to the Deep Web - Pipl - People Search

It seems to be able to pick stuff up from good family history sites and what is nice is that it gives you people which is better than other things that a surname could be if you know what I mean :D

It might scare a few of you too.

Welcome to the Deep Web

There are various reasons why you might need to search for people, you may need to find a lost relative, an old flame, a classmate or a business contact - but if you are using a search engine such as Google or Yahoo to search for people, you have probably realized by now that it might work in some cases but in most cases it won't.

How come the best search engines fail so miserably when it comes to people search? The answer lies in a little known but very important part of the web called "the deep web".

Also known as "invisible web", the term "deep web" refers to a vast repository of underlying content, such as documents in online databases that general-purpose web crawlers cannot reach. The deep web content is estimated at 500 times that of the surface web, yet has remained mostly untapped due to the limitations of traditional search engines.

Since most personal profiles, public records and other people-related documents are stored in databases and not on static web pages, most of the higher-quality information about people is simply "invisible" to a regular search engine. Pipl's query-engine helps you find deep web pages that cannot be found on regular search engines.

Unlike a typical search-engine, Pipl is designed to retrieve information from the deep web, our robots are set to interact with searchable databases and extract facts, contact details and other relevant information from personal profiles, member directories, scientific publications, court records and numerous other deep-web sources.

Pipl is not just about finding more results; we are using advanced language-analysis and ranking algorithms to bring you the most relevant bits of information about a person in a single, easy-to-read results page.

Thanks Peppie - -just tried it - it's great!
    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Oooh, how wonderful, found one of my Crisps, thankyou soooo much.:D

Comment

Fantastic, just found a rellie ive been needing to get in contact with who lives in California

Danny
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

You are right, it's quite frightening! I'm glad I'm not on facebook or in the news!
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

What a good site.

Thankyou for the link :D
            Jacky

Comment

Brilliant site thanks
              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Has anyone tried putting their own name in yet? I'm there on the 192.com electoral roll and on a distant relative's message board.

Comment

Well I found myself on facebook. Off to look for other people now.

Thanks Peppie - it's terrifying but hopefully will help with my searches.
                  Kit

Comment

I found myself but I knew that stuff was on the web anyway.....:D

Comment

That's scary Im going to delete my face book and my space accounts dont mind about family tree stuff which is just as bad ,,,but he no wonder people can pinch ID's

Comment

Well I lied on my myspace acct so good luck to anyone wanting to steal my identity. I didn't want to give my age as I only signed up to see what was different from facebook
                        Kit

Comment

Theres not lot on mine to give things away really when I think about it suppose they would find out bit more from gedcom trees I have on internet ;;

Comment

Babs just change your privacy settings on your myspace and face book accs so that just your friends can see your full profile

Comment

There's nothing known about me. I like being anonymous!

EDIT: tried a second time with a slightly different spelling and got some electoral roll and other hits. Tried a third time and they weren't there. I would have needed a subscription to 192.com to see them.
                              Last edited by Uncle John; 18-09-08, 11:54.
                              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X