Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone see the location.

Hope I have done this correct.

Can the location where this is be seen on the memorial ?

Cheers. Tony.

I have another one.

Im curious as to where the location is.

I believe them to early 1920s. My Grandparents courting days.

Comment

Comment

On the first picture can you read any of the names or text that is on the memorial?
        Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 17-09-08, 16:37.
        Elaine

Comment

The word at the top might be Chester, but I can't find a similar memorial in Chester on Google images.

Comment

I think the word at the top might be "ERECTED" - as in 'ERECTED IN SOLEMN REMEMBRANCE' or something similar.

Assuming that you have the original - and not just the scan - have you tried looking at the picture with a magnifying glass? Can you rescan just the one photo at a higher resolution? Unless someone recognizes the memorial (and the setting may well have changed in the intervening years), I don't think we'll be able to identify it from what you have posted.

Sorry I can't be of more help -

Tim
            "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Zooming in it does look like the word is Chester. On rootsweb there is a reference to the war memorial in Chester being by the water which fits.

Update: having read Tim's suggestion and zoomed in even closer, yes it is more likely to say ERECTED, oh tish!
              Last edited by JudithM; 17-09-08, 17:38.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Would quiffdo know?
                Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

I think there are 2 different memorials in the pictures.

Jackie
                  Jackie

Comment

Right i live in chester ( sort of) let me look...

Just as a point, the middle photo, first set, it On the A55 coast road, between Rhos on sea and colwynn bay.

Comment

could t be cornwall,it looks like seaside photo,s the one with the lady bt the railings looks like one i took at cornwall,brenda xxx

Comment

No Bren, they are taken in North wales, i recognise the locations, all around Colwyn bay, Rhos and llandudno, etc.

Comment

Cheers for that Jennifer. Now you mention it I now recognise where the photos were taken too !!

I will have to do some googling to see if I can pin point down to an exact place.

Comment

Working...
                          X