Help wanted on districts/Parishes in Lincolnshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wanted on districts/Parishes in Lincolnshire

Would anyone know what Parish/District Ludford fell under? I have found a few of birth indexes for Sarah Dixon, two in Caistor and one in Louth. Would Ludford be in either of these?

A google search hasn't helped me find Ludford in 1851 /52.

Many thanks
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Registration district for Ludford is Louth.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you so much
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Jules - you might find the following website is of help when trying to work out registration districts
        Index of Places in England and Wales
        If you click on Download the Place-Name Index, and save it to your computer, you will have it for further reference. It is one of the few files I keep on my desktop as I use it quite often!
        Elaine

Comment

Excellent, thanks Elaine.
          Jules

Comment

Working...
          X