Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I look for a Ware birth please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I look for a Ware birth please?

I am trying to trace a gt grandparent who according to census was born c 1823 Ware Hertfordshire - is there somewhere I can email for a look-up
    Last edited by jean; 15-09-08, 21:42.
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

jean, have you looked on the IGI? Ware seems to be covered for that year and a few each way.

Also I was just reading that a lot of Ware "events" tool place in the parish of Thundridge. - Don't know if that makes things better or worse! lol

Comment

Also I was just reading that a lot of Ware "events" tool place in the parish of Thundridge. - Don't know if that makes things better or worse! lol
      Never heard of Thundridge:o I have been searching for this one on and off for years :(
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

There is lots of information about Hertfordshire parish registers on here:
        hertsdirect.org Parish Registers
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

These are parishes within three miles of Ware:

Bengeo 2.6m
          Great Amwell 1.2m
          Hertford (two parishes) 2.8m
          St Margarets (Stanstead) 2.2m
          Stanstead Abbots 2.6m
          Thundridge 2.0m

Comment

Thank you, I will start investigating them
            Jean

Comment

Hi Jean

I sometimes go to Herts RO, I can have a look for the baptism next time I go if you like?

If you want to pm me the details I will see what I can find. It might not be for a few weeks yet though, if you are in no rush.

Joanie

Comment

Thats very kind, thank you. I will pm you
                Jean

Comment

I live in Ware, so if you do find your record and want pics of area, just PM me.

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

There's some potentially useful information about resources here:
                    hertsdirect.org Parish Register Transcripts

Parish Registers held at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies
                    A full set of parish registers for the whole county are held in the Local Studies library and are mainly on microfilm.
                    Parish registers - holdings in libraries

Microfilms of Hertfordshire parish registers are held in many libraries across the county, for their local area. It is advisable to telephone the library concerned to check on the availability of a reading machine before making your visit.
                    Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I live in Ware, so if you do find your record and want pics of area, just PM me.
                      Thank you Trevor

There's some potentially useful information about resources here:
                      hertsdirect.org Parish Register Transcripts
                      Unfortunately they don't seem to have baptisms.

Jean
                      Jean

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
                        Thank you Trevor

Unfortunately they don't seem to have baptisms.

Jean
                        They do - but not online - and not necessarily the dates you wanted. I downloaded their pdf list of the registers yesterday - from one of those links.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I will go and have another look - thanks Christine
                          Jean

Comment

Working...
                          X