CAn you find this person on the 1891 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAn you find this person on the 1891 census

I have a Mary Pursglove, who, by guestimation, I think I have found on the 1871 and 1881 census.

Can anyone see if you can find her on the 1891?

Thanks
    Trev
    ###############
    These are the census entries

1871 census:
    Mary A Pursglove, Widow age 51, born Buttsbury, Essex, England, Occ: Servant Tonbridge Kent

1881 census
    Mary A. PURSEGLOVE Boarder W Female 62 Essex, England Matron Sch Service
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source Information:
    Dwelling Dry Hill Park Cambridge House
    Census Place Tonbridge, Kent, England

Then in Lambeth London 1900,
    is the death of one Mary Ann Pursglove age 81

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

This looks like a possible
    RG12; Piece: 75; Folio 36; Page 11;
    Transcribed as Pringlore
    Elaine

Comment

Might this be her death?

Mary Ann Pursglove
      b abt 1819
      Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
      aged 81
      Lambeth
      Volume: 1d
      Page: 246

Oops, you said that! lol

Comment

What a different transcription of her name we have here if it is correct. (Does not suprise me in this hobby)

Could you possibly transcribe the entry for me Elaine?

Thanks
        Trev

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Yes Monty, that is the death I had, just wanted 1891 as a piece of the jigsaw of movements.

Real problem I have is I suspect she is the widow of Jabez Pursglove.
          But...They married 1852 and then he died 1854, so cannot confirm, as I do not know her place of birth at the time of the wedding, unless I purchase the cert, and with about 50+ Pursglove certs to confirm assumptions etc, it gets expensive and this is low in the list.

Researching:

Comment

Will do Trevor - back in a mo!
            Elaine

Comment

1891 census
              Sarah Ann Bunker - wife - born c1841 Tonbridge, Kent. Occ. Caterer A & N Stores Coffee
              Eliza Ann Pringlore - boarder - born c 1855, Worthing - single - Assistant A & N Stores
              Mary Ann Pringlore - boarder - widow - born c1821 Buttsbury Essex

There is no head of household listed.

Address: 76 Lupus Street, St George Hanover Square.

The image looks like Pursglove rather than Pringlore!
              Elaine

Comment

1891 Census
                PURSLOVE, Mary Jane
                ROTHERHAM, Yorkshire (West Riding)
                RG12 piece 3853 folio 117a page 20
                24, Clay Pit Lane, Rawmarsh, Nether Haugh, Rotherham

Probably not her - page is torn so no age shown. Looks like it could be Pursglove though rather than Purslove.
                Simon

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky ? " (Dirty Harry) - Be lucky; the facts are out there somewhere

http://www.thebirdtree.co.uk

Comment

If that is correct......................
                  Who the heck is Eliza Ann???

Do you have DoB and place for her so I can check on my database?

Not another puzzle AHHHHHHHHH!

Researching:

Comment

Thanks Simon, but all Northern counties Pursgloves, Pursegloves and Pursloves are not connected to my line.

Unless we look back to 1650 that is.

Trev

Researching:

Comment

Eliza Ann b c1855 Worthing
                      Elaine

Comment

I've been looking on the 1851 for Mary Buckingham b Buttsbury around 1820, but can't find her. Hmmmmm....

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

I do have Eliza Ann on my database of 'who was this?'

BMD is Hailsham March Qtr 1854 which is the correct area for where Mary and Jabez were married, so I assume she is her daughter, as she was born the same year as her father's death.

So you have tied up one loose end for me.

Next question is ..........where did Eliza go?
                          Did she marry (I have no stray marriages for an Eliza P), or where was she on 1901 census?
                          AND, do we have her on 1861, 1871 and 1881 census?
                          Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 15-09-08, 20:48.

Researching:

Comment

In the 1871 census Eliza is listed as niece with a family of Buckinghams, so that ties up her mother's maiden name nicely (even if I couldn't find Mary in 1851!! lol)

Comment

In 1861 she is step-granddaughter to someone called Joshua Claydon aged 75 (He's Mary B's step-father...there are other step Buckinghams in the house!)

Comment

So found Eliza on 1861, 1871, 1891 and I have seen her in Lambeth on 1901 (do not have image).
                                Tried al permutations, but cannot find her on 1881.

Atleast we have put another name on the tree (Eliza) and confirmed an assumption on the Mary Ann.

many thanks to you both Elaine, Monty.

Trev

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                                X