can I have birth year and place please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I have birth year and place please

Jane Head married Henry HArbour and had a son George HArbour b 1823 Sutton at hone Kent.
    I thought it was bad enoough with all my Smith family but this is the 3rd HEAD family I have come across.
    Could I please have a birth year and place for Jane then I can seek out her baptism to see if she belongs to any of those I already have. Henry Harbour was b 1797 Sutton at Hone so hopefully they are still around in 1841/51census
    Thank you

Sorry, Gloryer, but how do you know that Henry Harbour born 1797 Sutton at Hone is the one who married Jane and had a son George if you haven't found them on the censuses? Anyway, I'll see if I can find them...
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

these are not my direct line but I have seen them before. I have only just had JAnes maiden name given to me. I have a Head family in my direct line and also a head married to a great grand uncle so was just wondering if I can find her baptism to see who her parents are and if she is also connected to either of the Head families.

Comment

Okay, found them in 1851 at Sutton at Hone, and Jane is 54 born Fawkham Kent, it looks like. Henry is 54 born Sutton at Hone (occupation Ag Lab) and they have a son Alfred Harber (although the parents' surname is spelt Harbour!) age 10, born Sutton at Hone.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
          so hopefully they are still around in 1841/51census
          Thank you
          I see what you mean!! I should have put hopefully still around Sutton at Hone in 1841/51 as I cant remember where they were. I have to go to the library to access the census and I often wander of on the census but forget to take notes. Its a while since I looked at the Harbour family

Comment

In 1861 they are all spelling it Harber, and Jane is age 63 born Ash, Kent.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Thank you. I am lucky that some of the parish records are on line for Fawkham so will go scrolling through those now.
              Thank you for looking.

Comment

Looking at the map, there is a place called Fawkham Green near a little village called Ash just a few miles south-east of Sutton at Hone, so I guess she was born at one of those places.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                X