where should i start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where should i start?

Hi me again! Needing some thoughts please.

I have listed lineage as below but i am stuck with the sister of Alfred E Hatch who emigrated to Australia.

father in law b.1947 Brentford
    Alfred Edward Hatch b. 1927 Wandsworth
    Alfred Charles Hatch b. 1904 S. Richmond m. 1926 Florence Ida Higgs b. 1905 Kingston

My father in law remembers his granny (florence) being called Mrs Donnegan (not sure of spelling) which is maybe why I can't find sister under Hatch as maybe granny remarried? I have no deaths for granny or grandad so far.

Where do I need to start and where?
    Ask for more info. if you need it and I hope this all makes sense to you.
    Last edited by tessie31082; 15-09-08, 08:01.

Alfred Edward Hatch's birth index should give his mother's maiden name. I don't know a quick way, but you could try looking for name removed Hatch and name removed Donnegan (Donnigan?) with same mmn. Do you know if name removed was older or younger than Alfred?
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 15-09-08, 08:05. Reason: name of person who may still be living deleted
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

sorry i meant alfred charles' sister! i don't know if she was older or younger.

Comment

Well have you found Alfred Charles' parents' marriage?

Comment

no as i have no idea what Alfred Charles' mothers name was. Sorry I am getting all confused :( . name removed is Alfred Edward's sister. I am wondering if she was a half sister of alfred edward from a second marriage of his mother florence hatch nee higgs. Does this make sense? Sorry if I am being totally thick and stupid!
          Last edited by KiteRunner; 15-09-08, 08:05.

Comment

Now I am confused. First you say you want Alfred E's sister name removed (Alfred E's mother's maiden name would be in index)
            then you say Alfred Charles' sister and now you say name removed IS Alfred Edward's sister. So as I said before you are looking for name removed Hatch mmn Higgs, unless Florence remarried, in which case you need to look for Florence's remarriage to get her new surname and look for name removed under that.
            Last edited by KiteRunner; 15-09-08, 08:06. Reason: name of person who may still be living deleted

Comment

yes sorry i have confused you!

Comment

There's no easy way of doing it.

If you have access to Ancestry, you're going to have to trawl the birth and marriage indexes quarter by quarter, looking for name removed's birth and a possible remarriage for Florence.

Looking for emigration details is going to be pretty much impossible without a surname and definite Christian name for name removed.

Do you happen to know when Alfred Charles died?

By the way, we're not supposed to post the names of living people on here without their consent.
                Last edited by KiteRunner; 15-09-08, 08:07. Reason: name of person who may still be living deleted

Comment

Tessie, sorry but as Mary said, we don't allow details of living people (or people who could still be living) to be posted up without their consent, so could you please explain who out of the people you have mentioned may still be alive and I can then go through the thread deleting their names. Thanks.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

the only ones are my father in law who i am helping and possibly sister (who we don't know any details) sorry I forgot about that! Mary, I thought that was what i needed to do, I am going to be busy! As i have no death for Alfred Charles, if i order Alfred Edward's marriage cert will it tell me if father was alive? I have deleted the names now as well!
                    Last edited by tessie31082; 15-09-08, 08:05.

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                      As i have no death for Alfred Charles, if i order Alfred Edward's marriage cert will it tell me if father was alive?
                      The marriage cert could say "deceased" and that might mean that he was deceased, but sometimes it will say so even though the father was still alive. If it doesn't say deceased then it could just be because the vicar or registrar didn't bother to ask, so you can't take that as definitely meaning that he was still alive either.
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X