Florence Peacock nee Neal and Harry Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence Peacock nee Neal and Harry Monk

Florence Peacock and Harry Monk are both living in Pawsons Road, Croydon in 1901. Both give their birthplace as Waddesden, Bucks.

But I can't find Harry as a child. He is not the Harry Ernest Monk, son of Jonah/Jonas Monk, butcher as that Harry was still with Dad, unmarried in 1891, while mine has a hopeful family.

Can anyone find him? Better still, can anyone spot a link between Harry and Florence?

Many thanks for any suggestions.
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

1901 ref rg13/644 p48
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

I wonder if this 1871 is relevant
      RG10; Piece: 1414; Folio: 86; Page: 3;
      transcribed as Hanry Monk Evans
      Elaine

Comment

how do you have a link between them?

Comment

Thank you, Elaine!!!

You've cracked it!

They are brother and sister. Naturally. Mum is Emily Evans, marries Frederick Neal and Harry tries a third surname, being fed up with both Evans and Neal!

Comment

Well I am glad you have worked out the link because I was struggling!
            Elaine

Comment

have harry monk in 1891 census with his wife elizabeth and some children- his birth place is buckenham, waddesdon road from what i can read might be willow rd?

Comment

Hi Tessie, thanks for looking. Yes, that was the family in 1891. I felt there must be some connection between Harry and Florence, but until Elaine spotted that his "real" name was Evans, I couldn't see what it was.

Comment

Working...
                X