Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Cert Query

Hi all,

I’m tryng to help a friend obtain the birth certs of her children, born 1989, 1990 & 1993.
    I have found the births on the GRO index, the first two have the expected volume and page number references... but the third has a register, district and entry number reference does anyone have any idea how to order this cert from the GRO please?

Many thanks
    Non

I tried pretending to order a 1993 birth cert and when I got to the bit where you enter the "usual" details, the page was different:

Year 1993
    District name and Number*
    Reg (Register Number)*
    Entry Number*
    DOR (Date of Registration, mm/yyyy)*

I presume this is because the year was entered on the previous screen.

Comment

Thanks Merry, much appreciated

Non

Comment

Your friend could either go into where they were registered and get the certs or go into his/her local register office (if living in another town) and they will happily give the forms and the address of where to send so he/she can apply by post.

If they live in totally different country then he/she could try giving them a ring.
        With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Hi Shaz,

Fortunately she does live within easy reach of the reg offices - she's really keen to get hold of them as she had to surrender the originals when her 2nd hubby adopted the kids

Thanks for replying,

Non

Comment

Working...
          X