Census missing on ScotlandsPeople?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census missing on ScotlandsPeople?

On Ancestry I found one of my families in Edinburgh in 1871 with a bunch of other folk who are shown as rellies but appear to have been mistranscribed. My 3 all have correct names, ages and place of birth.

So I went on SP expecting to find the people and the image, but no sign of them at all. That's odd because they should be somewhere, even if Ancestry has put them in the wrong location. I've emailed SP to ask if the image is missing.

Has anyone else had anything similar? In this instance I'm happy that Ancestry hasn't mangled my names.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

I wasted a lot of credits, in pre Ancestry transcription days, looking for a Carrick family in every village in Stirling. When I found them on Ancestry, correctly transcribed and more or less where they should have been, it turned out that SP had them indexed as Garrick. (It was the only occasion when SP didn't refund me any credits :()

I see that Betty on GR is having problems as her contact us messages re illegible images are going to Brightsolid - hope the changes don't affect SP's efficiency!
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

i havn't had problems withtheir census, but they tried to tell me there wasn't a birth christening record for an ancestor, when i know there is.
      a distant cousin did the famly tree, and sa3 these records, and ap say they dont exist!!

Comment

I do remember finding a few of my lost rellies when ancestry's Scottish census transcriptions went online, who I had never been able to find on SP. Can't remember the exact details now but they were definitely mistranscribed on SP - that's the problem if the surname is mistranscribed, isn't it, because you are forced to enter a surname.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I'll update you when I get a response from brightsolid. I'm glad I'm not alone, and the surname thing is a real pain.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X