Which district ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which district ???

If I order a certificate using the GRO, the registration district I must quote is, West Derby....but if I want to order it from Lancashire RO there are many registration districts....eg. Preston, St. Helens, Salford, Blackpool etc etc...

Which district would tally with West Derby???

Kathlyn

Kathlyn

If you order it through the Lancsbmd site, the district will be pre printed so you don't have to worry about it!

(But West Derby is West Derby, not Salford etc)

OC

Comment

OC,

There are several possibles for the person I want, but their individual reg districts give a different order ref....eg..

Prescot C8/1/296
      Salford C9/2/532

I did not see a West Derby entry.

Kathlyn

Comment

If you search for the person on FreeBMD, click on the place name, and it'll give you a list of all the places included in that registration district.

Comment

I don't know much about Lancs BMD, but are they quoting the various sub-districts for different reg districts?

The sub-districts for West Derby are:

Bootle; Crosby; Everton; Everton North; Everton North West; Everton; Everton South East; Fazakerley; Kirkdale; Litherland; North Everton; South Everton; Toxteth Park; Walton; Wavertree; West Derby; West Derby Eastern; West Derby Western

Not sure if this will help?!!

Comment

Oh, right, I understand I think! It may be that the West Derby entries have not yet been transcribed to Lancsbmd, it isn't complete.

OC

Comment

Ah, lol OC!

Kathlyn, Is there anything we can do to help find which is the most likely entry?

*goes away to eat lunch*

Comment

Ah Good ole Liverpool

Many of my rellies were registered in the district of West Derby

Clare

Comment

Working...
                X