Is Genealogical DNA testing worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Genealogical DNA testing worth it?

I have just seen that this is possible? they can trace you're ancestors back from the begining of Africa?

Is this for real? a con?

I'm thinking of going for it.... what do you guys think?

Your money will be spent better elsewhere, ultimately we all originated in Africa, your family a few generations back will at least be documented and you can find out concrete facts about their lives.

Comment

Save your money to buy certificates!

"WHICH" the consumer magazine said that it is about as useful and accurate as telling you your star sign.

As human life is widely accepted to have started in the bowl of Africa, then we are ALL "out of Africa" originally, although we got here by different routes.

This geographical DNA testing will only tell you where ONE of your ancestors came from - what about the other billion ancestors you have?!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        Save your money to buy certificates!

"WHICH" the consumer magazine said that it is about as useful and accurate as telling you your star sign.

OC

Really....i got all excited for a moment then.......

Comment

This kind of DNA "testing" has already been banned in the state of California (I think?) because it is misleading, inaccurate and makes false claims. No doubt other states/countries will follow suit.

WHICH magazine had one of their staff tested by a number of different companies and they all came up with wildly different results!

What use is it to you to know that ONE of your ancestors came from Mesopotamia 150,000 years ago? Or even that he came from the Cheddar Gorge 3,000 years ago? Interesting bit of fun but of absolutely zero use in tracing YOUR family history.

OC

Comment

Working...
          X