ancestry services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry services

I was going to look up some divorces, but i can' seem to find the right place on ancestry. It says marriages and divorces, when you click it asks for marriage info but i want divorces! Is there any other website that offer divorces? would this mean that i would need to upgrade my ancestry subscription to access divorces and thats why i can't see them? Is it worth upgrading for the baptisms?

As far as I know, Ancestry doesn't have information on divorces. I think you can find them on findmypast.

Comment

tessie have you taken a free trial with ancestry.co.uk because it would save you a lot of the money you seem to be spending.

You can look up births, marriages and deaths free on freebmd and its name searchable (still being transcribed so only up to about 2nd decade of 20th century). I dont know about divorces Im afraid, except they dont appear on ancestry. Have you tried National Archives sometimes they bring up info re divorces and its free to search on there.

Comment

What decade was the divorce (roughly)?

Comment

merry- about 1950's-1960's
          Heather- I have joined ancestry. I have tried using national archives but I don't really know what I am doing with it!

Comment

The divorce won't be on The National Archives website if it was 1950's - 1960's anyway; they only go up to about the 1930's on there.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X