Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Society of Genealogists Open Day

From this Weeks "Time Out"
    Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Rd EC1M 7BA, 020 7553 3290 (nearest Tube: Barbican) Monday 15th September 11am-4pm
    One hour tours of the Society's library and collections. No need to book. You'll also be given a free voucher for one hour's research in the library to be used on another occasion.

Anyone who hasn't been on a tour, it is well worth it.

The SoG library has so much stuff on its shelves. There are rare books, microfilms, microfiche, fhs magazines, transcripts. All those snippet views and mystifying parish & probate entries are worth checking out as the books are to be found at the SoG.
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

If only I wasn't working...this is probably one for Londoners. Mabe they will do a Saturday one sometime.

Comment

"Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Rd EC1M 7BA"

Which town are they in?

With a postcode starting EC I would guess East Central so somewhere to the left of York if comming from Scotland.

Hugo

Comment

Its London, Hugo.

Comment

It's in London

EC1 being East City 1
            Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Oooh, how can I get to London on the cheap on Monday.

I used to work in Goswell Road in another life, but didn't know what this place was!

OC

Comment

OC

Charterhouse Buildings is a little turning off Goswell Road and SoG is last one on the left.

Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, Clerkenwell Road and Old Street all intersect and they are all addresses of my husband's London lot in the late 18th and 19th centuries.
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo View Post
                  "Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Rd EC1M 7BA"

Which town are they in?

With a postcode starting EC I would guess East Central so somewhere to the left of York if comming from Scotland.

Hugo
                  For any unfamiliar postcode.. if you put a postcode into Multimap or Google maps, or most map websites/software (or GPS), you get a marker showing you where it is.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X