More weird goings on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More weird goings on?

Can you access public member trees on Ancestry without a sub?
    Just ran a trial on all three sites below trying to access the same tree
    Don't understand it

Ancestry.com - no (took me to the sub page)
    Ancestry.uk - no (ditto)
    Ancestry.fr - YES, straight in
    CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

May be something to do with that particular tree. Once I remembered my vague smattering of French I tried to get in to one of the Diffey in Dorset trees - got so far but could not access the tree - took me straight to the sub form.
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Hi MArion

No have tried other trees since, takes me straight in (shhhhhh!)

Comment

I am sure you can. I don't think I've looked at trees on Ancestry since I have had a sub. When I first started this hobby and didn't realise how important evidence was I looked at the trees and at that stage I wouldn't have spent a cent on my research.

Sadly becoming wiser is far more expensive.
        Kit

Comment

Hi

I didn't mean just to look at trees and stop there. I use the trees as a hint and then check out the info for myself. It's just that I found it strange that you seem to be able to access different things, depending on which ancestry site you're using. Wonder if there are other loopholes (wishful thinking).

Comment

(Keeps fingers crossed for you) no smilie for that! Your french must be a lot better than mine. It still does the same thing - as soon as I try to access the tree it goes straight back to the sub page. Personally I would take advantage of as much free time as possible!!!;)
            There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Wonder if it has something to do with me accessing it from France and they haven't flicked the switch yet. Just that after reading about the strange goings on with the pricing system on another thread it does make you wonder.

Comment

Carole - I have a current Ancestry sub but, being curious, I logged in with my OH's expired free trial details. I could then access trees via the French site but not Ancestry.co.uk.

I'm in the UK.
                Gillian
                User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Strange how some of us can and some of us can't

Comment

Working...
                  X