New databases on ancestry - BIVRI baptisms and marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New databases on ancestry - BIVRI baptisms and marriages

Don't know if anybody else has noticed these - England & Wales Christening Records 1530-1906 and England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940. They seem to be taken from the BIVRI 2nd edition if I am understanding the info correctly? Not found any of mine in there yet.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

I've found several on there and yes they are from the BIVRI.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Yes, I finally remembered which records on my tree came from the BIVRI and checked one of them, and it is on there. Could come in very handy for those of us who don't have the BIVRI at home!
      KiteRunner

Comment

I have found a quite a few of mine on there
        www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
        http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

I have found lots of marriages and christenings around Brighton
          PAT

Comment

HI

Are they available though only with a certain sub on Ancestry? I have taken a look at these two new databases adn I cant view them.
            WendyP

Comment

Thank you for that. I hadn't spotted the addition - and it will probably clarify a few loose ends for me, if nothing else.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                HI

Are they available though only with a certain sub on Ancestry? I have taken a look at these two new databases adn I cant view them.

I don't know, Wendy, sorry, but if you have the full UK & Ireland membership and can't view them then if I were you I would contact ancestry and complain about it.
                KiteRunner

Comment

They've been popping up on my FTM internet searches for a little while.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Yes, I'd seen them on my list of matches for the last few days but not had time to investigate them before...
                    KiteRunner

Comment

I think if you are on the Annual UK & Ireland Records Collection you can't access the new BIVRI ones - well I can't

It seems since the new memberships came in anything pre-1837 isn't available to you, unless they decide otherwise :(
                      Vikki -
                      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

It's absolutely brilliant
                        I'm adding records from it left, right and centre lol
                        Tracy

Comment

Would someone be kind enough to provide a link to the database please because I can't see it.

Comment

Many thanks Tracy, I shall pop off and have a look. :D

Comment

I'm puzzled about that yes/no access thing. I have annual .uk membership, and I do have access to the databases - but I do have to hunt for them by looking at the All Recent Databases list.

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Is it on BIVRI records? Or are there more records?
                                Kit

Comment

It is not complete as I have looked for some records that I know are on BIVRI, in Lincolnshire & not found them.
                                  Lynn

Comment

I'm confused, ....It's not difficult..
                                    These records are 'locked' to me, - I have annual Ancestry UK sub.
                                    I recently had mail from Ancestry saying that when my renewal is due they will upgrade me unless I instruct them differently, so that various records are available to see.
                                    I've only renwed in late July, does this mean I'm barred from viewing until next summer?

Gwyn

Comment

Gwyn - I understood, from various comments made since Ancestry introduced the new pricing structure, that those whose membership was already running when the new system came into effect would keep full access until their next sub was due. I renewed hours before the new prices and I have access to Pallots, the pre 1837 records, and these latest BIVRI ones.

On "My Account" page, it says I have Annual UK Membership.
                                      Gillian
                                      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Working...
                                      X