scottich wills help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottich wills help please

Hi I am looking for a will from 1836 for a theophilus methven in dundee he was a baker i tried scotland people is there any where else Ican look ?
    Apart from going to scotland a bit to far for me .
    Thanks Tracy
    Twinklestar

If it's not on Scotland's People then I think that means there wasn't a will, Tracy. Have you tried searching on the National Archives of Scotland to see if there is any mention of him on there?
    The National Archives of Scotland Home Page
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi thanks kite i will go and have a look
      Tracy
      Twinklestar

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
        If it's not on Scotland's People then I think that means there wasn't a will, Tracy. ]
        not necessarily true. i asked scotland's people for a christening of an ancestor, and they said there wasn't one. i know there was, because our family had the birth dates for all the siblings too. this was before registration as well.

there is a place called scotland forum, though. google that and see if they can help

Comment

Scotland's People doesn't have the non-Church of Scotland christenings, which is probably the reason for that, but as far as I know, there aren't any Scottish wills which aren't on Scotland's People. Or do you know of some?
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
            i asked scotland's people for a christening of an ancestor, and they said there wasn't one. i know there was, because our family had the birth dates for all the siblings too. this was before registration as well.
            Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
            Scotland's People doesn't have the non-Church of Scotland christenings, which is probably the reason for that, but as far as I know, there aren't any Scottish wills which aren't on Scotland's People. Or do you know of some?
            I have my g-g-grandparents' marriage (circa 1825) from SP, but no sign at all of their children's baptisms. I assume that the children were baptised in a dissenting church, but I haven't yet found which one.

As far as I know, SP has a complete set of Scottish wills and inventories up to 1901 (except for odd ones that may have slipped through their net).
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi thanks every one I have taken a look at scotland forums thanks again for your help
              Tracy
              Twinklestar

Comment

Working...
              X