This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please !

When I turned my computer on today every thing on the screen is extra large, like when you start in safe mode, and I can't seem to get it back to normal. It did this once before but corrected itself after a restart. Any ideas why this has happened and how do I correct it.
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Lesley, try right-clicking on the "desktop" and select Properties, then from that click on the "Settings" tab and it should have something like "Screen area" showing a number of pixels for instance 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768. Try pulling the slider over to the right (where it says "more") and see if that helps.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It seems to have corrected itself again, but I'm still wondering why it does it.
      Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Comment

Usually when it happens to me, it's because I was running an application that automatically changes the screen resolution and normally changes it back when finishing, but the application crashed and never got to the bit where it changes it back. A game or something like that?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Reason is:

If for some reason the opreating system (I assume you are using Windows XP or Vista), fails to load the correct driver program for your graphics card or Monitor, it will automatically run in 16bit mode.

Modern screens run in 32 bit which allow large resolutions (screen sizes) or colour depths.
          Under 16 bit, the screen uses less colours and is normally set as 600 x 400 resolution.

You can safely assume, on reboot your operating systen loaded the driver correctly, hence resolving itself.

Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
          X