Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jemima Pitt

HI all
    why do my pitts vanish here is the sister of Marie Squires nee pitt Her name is Jemima PItt 1833 Leominster . I believe she married either George Reeve or William Evan Wakefield in Dec 1855 now I thought I would be able to find her in the census (Ha no such look) so I looked at deaths and found a Jemima Wakefield death Q3 1917 Leominster that fits my date of dirth but I still can not find her on the census any one else see her

Thanks
    Laura

1881:
    In Birmingham
    Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 2972; Folio: 27; Page: 1; Line: ; GSU roll: 1341711.

Lots of children

Caroline Marian Evans 10
    Ella Evans 22
    Ellen Nora Evans 8
    Eva W. Evans 24
    Jemima Evans 47
    Jessie Evans 15
    Mina Evans 19
    Rena Evans 17
    William Evans 45
    William Hy. Evans 13
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Oh, is it her? The surname is Evans, not Wakefield!

Going off to sort it out. :o
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Now I am confused why would she buried as a wakefield if they did not use ti when it came to census

Laura
        Thanks by the way

Comment

Found her in 1861 under Gemima still using Evans

Laura

Comment

1891:

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 2374; Folio 98; Page 19; GSU roll: 6097484.

Caroline M Evans 20
            Ella Evans 30
            Ellenora Evans 18
            Jemima Evans 57
            Jessie Evans 24
            Mina Evans 28
            Rina Evans 26
            William Evans 56
            William H Evans 22

They are still in Birmingham.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

ok can some one tell me why they would have all their children as xxx Wakefield Evans when it is really Evans Wakefield please

LAura

Comment

I suppose it depends what you mean by "really Evans Wakefield", Laura. Could be that sometimes he used the names one way round and sometimes the other?
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

And it looks as though William's birth was registered as Wakefield Evans, not Evans Wakefield, if he is the one born Dec 1839 Aston.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

But he Married under William Evans Wakefield and Jemima is buried under that in 1917

Laura

Comment

And William's death is registered as William Evans Wakefield too (Dec 1901 Birmingham), but all I'm saying is that doesn't make one version of the name his "real" name. I wonder whether perhaps his parents were a Mr Wakefield and a Miss Evans who didn't get married until after his birth?
                      KiteRunner

Comment

HI
                        I have had a look at the census and if I am looking at the right one his father married an Ann Hill in 1839 after his birth but fathers birth place is listed as unknown. Now I can find a George Wakefield on the slave reg but have no idea if this is the same person anyone any ideas ( never had this before) its all new oooowwwww

Laura

Comment

Unlikely to be the same person unless you have a particular reason for thinking he would have owned slaves, Laura?
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                          X